Giving In and Gaining

Kellisah’s POV

 “I can't believe you got into a fight!” Jahnelle exclaims for the hundredth time, throwing a pillow at me.

 I sigh, rubbing at my forehead. I groaned, stretching comfortably on my couch and throwing an arm over my face.

 “I wish you would fall asleep on me.” She says and I felt something else land on top of me.

 I sucked my teeth and turned my back to her, burying my face in the back of the couch, “My lawd, mi wah sleep.” I mumble, closing my eyes.

 “Nope.” She says, then I felt the air leaving my lungs as she dropped down on top of me, “I saw the video.” She says.

 I groaned, “Suh low me nuh.”

 “Nooooo, tell me what happened.”

 “Bitch-”

 “Alright, how was your night with August?” She changes the subject.

 I let out a breath, closing my eyes again, “Don't you got somewhere to be?”

 “Well yeah but you have to tell me how it went.”

 “I got pictures in my phone.” I tell her.

 “Yay!” She cheers, getting up off of me and and taking my phone from my pocket. A minute later and she was cooing, “Aw, you two are so cute!”

 “I know, can you stop talking now.” I groan into the back of the couch.

 “No, Kellisah!” She exclaims, “This is a big deal!”

 I tried to sleep as she went on cooing as she went through the pictures. Sometime during last night, August gave me ‘permission’ to take pictures with him. We took a bunch and he'd asked me if I could send them to him and I said no.

 “Why it look like you sitting on his lap?” She says.

 “Cause I was.” I said, my voice coming out muffled.

 Then she started screaming while pushing and pulling me back and forth.

 “Keep on and see if I don't punch you in the throat.” I threaten, pushing her away.

 “I can't believe it!” She screeches.

 I rolled my eyes. Little Einstein headass.

 “I'm so happy for you! You finally got to meet your husband of two years!” And she went on and fucking on.

 “It's not that serious.” I groan, my eyes squeezing painfully shut.

 “Yes it is! I'm not a big fan, but you are and your dream came true and why am I more excited than you?! Come on tell me how you feel. Let's talk about our feelings, Kell.”

 “Oh fuck no.” I say in disgust.

 She laughed, placing her chin on my shoulder and breathing down my neck, making my skin crawl, “Okay, just tell me how it was? Did you get butterflies and shit?”

 “Almost had a heart attack several times.” I tell her.

 “Yeah, what else?” She asks eagerly and I could see her grinning even with my eyes closed.

 “He was…” I trail off, feeling a smile splitting across my face.

 “There it is! I knew you were a happy bitch! Now get up and explain the best night of your life.” She says, getting up from off of me and pulling me up in a sitting position, making me groan. She settles next to me and stares at me, waiting for me to say something.