Taunting and Talking

“You can ask me,” I said.

 I didn't know if he was curious or not. Since we both got up, we've been pretty normal. He cracks on my height and I crack on his. He gets on my nerves and laughs. To an outsider it would seem like a normal day with Kell and Aug. They wouldn't have guessed that he was holding me the night before as I sobbed my heart out without a reason to.

 Now we were sitting at my breakfast bar, eating cereal in silence and I wanted to bring the topic up so that we can close it officially and not let it linger awkwardly around us.

 He looked up, “Ask you what?” He said after he finished chewing.

 I shrugged, “Anything.”

 He shook his head, “Ion need to ask you. I know what you're going through. I've been through it befo,” He said, “But if there's anything you want to tell me then feel free to talk my fuckin ear off. Vent, cry—do whateva. I ain't had nobody wit me when I was dealin wit that shit so the least I can do is be yo personal therapist.”

 By the end of that I was smiling at him, my insides warming and becoming all fuzzy.

 He gave me a bored look, “Quit wit dat damn look,” He said, making me laugh.

 “I can't,” I grinned at him, “That was so sweet.”

 He got up, taking his bowl with him.

 I laughed even harder, leaning over the breakfast bar to see him settling down on the couch.

 I grinned, “Don't be like that Aug,” He ignored me and I got up, placing my empty bowl in the sink before walking into the living room and sitting down next to him.

 I wrap my arms around his torso, resting my cheek against his arm. I got bolder overnight, “Thanks, Bubbie,” I muttered.

 He shifted and I looked up to see him staring down at me, “What you call me?” He asked, his lips twitching.

 I made a face, “I didn't say Hubby. I said Bubbie.”

 He chuckled, “I know. That's a weird ass name.”

 I laughed, “You don't know half of it.”

 “What does that even mean?” He asked with an amused smile.

 I shrugged.

 A second later something was vibrating and my attention caught on my phone that was lighting up on the breakfast counter. I ignored it.

 “You go ansa?” Aug asked, chewing on his cereal.

 I made a face, “I don't like talking on the phone.”

 He gave me a look, “Go ansa tha phone.”

 I let out a breath before getting up and going to get my phone. I caught sight of the number on the screen before turning around and going to sit back down next to him.

 “What?” He asked.

 I shrugged, pulling my legs up on the couch and leaning back against the arm, “I dunno who it is,” I told him.

 “All the mo reason fa you ta ansa,” He said, making a face.

 I let out a low chuckle, “There are some things you're gonna learn about me along the way Aug and this is one of them,” I let out an exaggerated breath, “If you're not saved in my phone under a name,” I paused, raising my eyebrows at him and he stared at me, “You don't have no business calling and I don't have no business answering.”