High Tailing It Out Of Here

Hi all you wonderful people :D

Keep up the good work on all the reads. I was literally shocked. I love you all :D

After this chapter (in the following author's note after this chapter) I will be making a not so important announcement. It may interest you though. It's basically a fun fact about me. Once again, thank you for all the reads. I REALLY, REALLY, REALLY APRECIATE :DDD DO NOT OWN THE COVER, IT BELONGS TO ITS RESPECTIVE OWNERS!!!

The most cutest kitten in the world was in the palm of my hand.

It was trembling, mostly due to the shock of staring at probably one of the world's most queerest creatures on the planet. Me.

It was gorgeous. Perfect. I doubt any words to describe the kitten had been invented yet. It was of Persian breed. It was a fluffy puff ball that reminded me of a marshmallow. It's clear blue eyes were shimmering. I could stare into them forever and never see the end of them they were such a deep blue. It was also long-haired. It's coat was white, that reminded me of sheep. Think of this. Imagine a sheep. Then imagine it in a ball of complete and utter static. That's how fluffy this kitty was.

My mom was grinning. So this was the gift she was talking about this morning then, eh? Mom had managed to get me a kitty cat as a token of love. She was speaking, but I wasn't really paying attention to the words. "I thought a cat would make you less homesick from leaving this place. I hope you like it. I always noticed you used to admire the cats on the school folders...." She was trailing off, I guess she was afraid I wouldn't like it.

She was wrong. So wrong.

My smile perked into a genuine smile. Coming from me, that's a lot. "Thanks mom, I needed that." She was now squealing along the lines of, "Oh Rose, what are you going to name her?" Its a girl then? Okay then. Uh, Mittens? Why would you name a cat that has no mittens, Mittens? Esther? Wow, I suck at naming things. Imagine how it will be when I grow up and have kids.... Er, on the other hand, I don't even want to think about that...

Puffball? It was better than the other names I thought of, but it still didn't quite fit. Maybe Fluffy? No, I want my kitty's name to be original. Perhaps Marshmallow? That could be it. It's not used that often. Right then and there, my precious little kitten was named Marshmallow.

Sneaky mom had already bought cat food and a carrier earlier, so I just put the kitten in the carrier for the ten hour ride. Marshmallow laid down on the fluffy blanket in the carrier and fell asleep. Well, I don't have to worry about her to feeding time then.

I looked at the window as the familiar Illinois terrain past by, I have to admit, the terrain isn't interesting at all. Flat plains and an occasional hill, other then that, Illinois isn't a sight to see. I honestly don't get why so many tourists come here anyway. Perhaps because of this history around here.

I took a glance at the GPS, and we were only a few miles away from the Kentucky border. My mom changed the radio to some pop stuff and cranked it up and sang, or at least tried too.

Boy this is going to be a long ride. Literally, if my love for pop music was a solid, it would probably be a tiny frozen rain drop. That's it. Like I said, I loathe pop music.

My thoughts couldn't help but wonder back to the council. I knew they knew that there was unusual activity around here, and my mom and I both knew they were in full alert. That's why we definitely need to throw them off our trail. That's why my mom left a note on the counter containing details about getting on an airplane to Arizona. Hopefully that will give us enough time for mom to get the money for passports and for me to finish my senior year in high school next year, then we will hightail it out of the country. It was our only hope that we could see.

 Sighing as I pushed my golden hair out of my face, frowning at the frothy darkness between my eyes. Was it shocking that a piece of glass and plastic was saving my life right now?

I felt conscious about how little fabric I was wearing over my skin. What I needed was my hoody, my sweater, anything. I had been living literally my whole life in baggy jeans and huge hoodies that covered nearly my whole face. In the summer I had to wear sunglasses. Those clothes had grown apart of me. Without them, I felt like a complete and total slut. I couldn't help it. It was literally my life. I doubt it will ever turn back into just past and memories again. Cause right now, it was reality.

What would happen if the council ever got their hands on mom and I? I didn't want to know. Would they torture us? Keeps us in captivity?

Kill us and watch us scream our last cries?

I swallowed the huge lump in my throat as I struggled to control my sanity. Man, I really am running a hectic life here. Running here, scurrying there, only breaking at the temporary safe spots. But, there was one thing we always knew.

That we were never safe. Where ever we were.

Were ever we are.

And it is all just because I have wings. Talk about racism.... Sometimes, I wondered how my life would be if I was normal. A human, werewolf, vampire, the being doesn't matter. How did the council not know that?

It's about what's inside my heart is what counts. But I doubt the council will ever acknowledge that. My thoughts and worries soon drifted away, as I headed to a world inside my inner conscious, that would always be perfect.

Sweet sleep.

How'd I do?

I may FINALLY start My Unshifting Wolf back again. If you read the old version. Please give my newer version a try. It won't be as bad as the older version, hopefully...

Okay, here's the announcement............................................................................................................................................

.................................................

.............................................................................................DUN DUN DAAAAAAAAAAAA...............

...........................................................(COUGHS)...............................................................................................................................................

....................................................................................................................

Okay, I will stop the stalling and tell you right now.

I'm only twelve :P

curlyfry6