Chapter Four: The Defeat

After healing Link, he and Urbosa leave Vah Ruta. I stand inside and watch the ongoing battles between man, monster, and machine. Suddenly, a bright flash of light comes from the castle. All the guardians stop, then I hear a low rumbling coming from the control console of Vah Ruta. The Divine beast begins to shake, then It changes color from blue to red and a dark aura begins to resonate from it. Then, a great, maliced, monster comes out of the machine and hits me with a very powerful blow. As I lie on the ground, I feel horrendous pain surge through my, now delicate, body. I try to heal myself, but it is too late. I look up and see the phantom above me, then lower my head.

'This is my fate, and I now accept it.' Then, the beast impales my body with a great spear. Everything fades away, and I no longer feel pain.

. . .

     I rise off of the ground from where I first left this world. I look down and my body is gone, but my spirit remains inside the Beast. It is silent and calm, and the clash of battle is gone. Everything is dark except for the area where the main console glows red. 

"They must have sunk us back into the lake, huh?" I mutter as I stroke the console. This is the beginning of a long one hundred years.