2.0

Soulmates are Stupid: chapter 20

This is going to be a chapter that will clarify some stuff. Could be hella short or too long.

Warning: mention of self harm, bullying, almost-rape, abuse.

Dan knocked onto Phil's door. He was going to graduate college soon, and Dan wanted to spend every minute with him before he left.

So finally, Phil was actually expecting Dan instead of being surprised.

Dan counted the seconds it took for Phil to let him in.

One.

Two.

Three.

Four.

Five.

Six.

Seven.

And so on.

Dan hit 30 when Phil opened up.

"Hi, Phil..." Dan cut off at the sight of Phil trying to dry his fallen tears.

"Dan," Phil breathed.

Dan rushed up to his soulmate. "It'll be alright, Phil," he cooed.

"I know it's just my brother."

"You can tell me if you want to."

Phil broke free (we'RE BREAKING FREE WE'RE SOARIN', FLYIN', THERE'S NOT A STAR IN HEAVEN THAT WE CAN'T REACH) from Dan to look around the hallway.

Dan assumed that it was to see if people were there or not.

Phil dragged Dan into the empty dorm room. Matt must have been with either Louise or his other friends.

Dan stood awkwardly while Phil settled into his bed.

"You can go on the bed, Dan," Phil choked.

Phil shuffled over to leave Dan some space on the twin bed.

Dan laid down next to Phil. Phil instantly wrapped his arms around Dan's waist.

"I'm sorry you had to see me like this," Phil whispered, his breath tickling Dan's cheek.

Dan kissed Phil's forehead. "It's alright. We all have bad days. There's been countless times that you've come into my dorm and have seen me cry. Ball I guess you could say."

Phil smiled weakly. "I love you, you know that right."

Dan chuckled. "Aw, I wanted to say it first. "

So the first time they said 'I love you' to each other was when Dan was close to dying.

"I can't live without you, Dan!" Phil said, at least Dan remembered it this way. "I love you."

Dan stopped crying for a second. "Say it again. The last bit. Please."

Phil wiped the tears off of Dan's face before looking into his eyes. "Daniel James Howell. I love you."

Dan kissed Phil. He pulled back, a smile on his face. "I love you more. And I wanted to say it first!"

"You spork."

"Your spork."

Phil stopped crying for a second.  "That's what you said when I found you..."

Phil pressed his eyes together. Memories were both good and bad.

"Phil it's alright. What's the matter?" Dan asked. "If you want to tell me."