Demonio x Reader (2nd Edition)

Elsword sat down next to you in the corner of the pub.

"(Y/n), I have a request." He says softly, and you look up at him, adjusting your armor.

"What is it?" You ask, tilting your head.

"We need you to get Demonio to be more of a... team player." He replied, and you chuckle.

"Me? Of all people, me?" You shake your head. "I'm sure that Lu can convince him, she's good at that."

"She's tried, and besides. I know the way he looks at you." He says. "He actually smiles at you, and he doesn't critique anything you do."

You shrug a little. "You're just imagining that. He probably does it behind you guys' backs."

He shakes his head. "No way. He totally digs you."

You raise your eyebrows. "Digs me? Hell no! Nu-uh."

He nods this time. "Oh yes indeed. He is in love with you as much as he can be."

You sigh and sit up. "Fine. But when he snaps at me you owe me. Big time."

He nods. "Deal! I won't owe you a thing!"

You roll your eyes and leave the pub, heading to the team's base where you hope Demonio will be. You enter into the building, looking around for him. You approach Lu, who's sitting at the table eating sweets.

"Hey, Lu." You say, leaning against the table a bit. "Where's Ciel? Did he go out?"

She nods. "Yeah! Out to Elysion- without me!" She pouted a bit, pointing to the door. "He was really mad about something, didn't say what, though!"

You nod and leave, making your way to Elysion. You don't come across too many monsters, so you know that Ciel has been there recently.

After a few minutes, you find him fighting off a big monster, and you run in, using one of your skills to finish it off.

"Hey, Ciel!" You grin at him. Only you can call him Ciel anymore.

He adjusted one of the clips in his hair. "(Y/n), what brings you all the way out here? Surely not just to see me?"

You nod. "Yeah, I uh, have a request."

He looks at you, giving you his full attention. "Yes?"

You hesitate for a moment, deciding to choose your words carefully. "I've noticed you're kind of... detached from the rest of the team. If you actually coordinating with us more I think everyone would benefit."

He looks you up and down. "Elsword put you up to this, yes?" He asks, and you look away for a moment. "Maybe he did, but he's right. I've noticed it- everyone has!"

He takes a step towards you. "I'm... very distant. It's hard for me to relate to.. Pretty much everyone on the team."

You cross your arms. "You have Lu! And everyone tries to be nice, you just push them away-!"

"But I haven't pushed away you." He says softly, taking another step towards you. "At least, I hope not..."

You sigh. "You haven't pushed me away. That's good- I want to be your friend. That's all I've ever wanted from you."

His eyes flash with something for a moment, then they're normal. "I.. I see... If me not being a 'team player' really matters that much to you, then I will be one."

You raise your eyebrows. "For real? That's all it took?" He tilts his head. "What?"

You bite your lip, maybe Elsword was right. "I mean.. I just asked you and you... did it. Like that, without any real hesitation."

"Well, I can't ignore the request of a teammate-"

"But if Elsword came to ask you you would've brushed him off!" You say, and he steps a small step back. "Elsword can be.. pushy sometimes.."

You point a finger at him. "Don't give me that crap, Ciel. Elsword was right- you do have a thing for me!"

He raises his eyebrows, taking another step back. "Elsword says a lot of things that he doesn't mean.." You take a few steps closer. "Oh, please. Just admit it."

He sighs. "(Y/n), I.. fine. I do have feelings for you. I.. should've told you."

"Damn right, you should've told me!" You say, crossing your arms. "Would've saved me a lot of trouble."

You step towards him and bring his face to yours, then kiss his cheek. "You're a dork. It's so obvious that I like you. Even Eve noticed!"

He blinked. "You're.. serious? You like me?" You nod and grin. "Yeah, I've always liked you! You're smart and strong, you're a bit distant, and I understand that."

He gives you a little smile. "Oh, that's good. I didn't want to say anything."

"Hehe. Now you don't have to."