Chapter 1

The shine shines through the large window across from the king sized bed I'm waking up in by myself. I don't even groan to myself for just a few minutes. I hop out of bed and stretch my arm walking toward the window to look and see a beautifully perfect day.

Today is the day, Gods, I couldn't be anymore happier. I wanted to run to Raidyn's chamber and kiss him awake if he wasn't already--but unfortunately it'll be hours before I see him, and when I do I'll be walking down the aisle with the entire kingdom watching.

There's a knock on my door. "Who is it?" I call out happily. I don't answer it in case it's actually Raidyn who is getting way too anxious and impatient.

"It us, open up!" Astrid calls back to me. My bridesmaids.

I unlock the door and the crowd of girls enter my temporary chambers almost just as beautiful as the kings, he made sure of it. Astrid, Elianna, Flora and Zora--they must've already picked her up, are standing in the room holding boxes and bags of makeup, hair items, and clothes. They set everything down by the large mirrored vanity. Trailing behind them are the servants who specialize in cosmetics, they're going to do all five of our hair and makeup today.

"This is so exciting!" Astrid grabs my hands in her own. "You get married today! You become a queen!"

I squeeze her hands tightly, I can't help but smile widely. "I'm so happy, my friend."

"I am so happy for you, Byrdy." Astrid smiles back.

Zora runs around the room while Elianna plays with her, I can hear them giggling and Zora shrieking playfully. Flora joins in on Astrid and mine's conversation. The servants spread all their supplies out on the vanity and waited for us patiently to finish our conversation. It's nine o'clock in the morning and the wedding isn't until three in the afternoon.

"How are doing, Flora?" I pull her into a hug.

"I've been avoiding Bren." She sighs. "Lets not talk about it. Today is a day for happiness." Flora gives me a weak smile, I can see in her eyes she is tired.

The servants insist on me taking a bath as they begin to pin up my hair so I don't get it wet. They are quick and thorough and oddly enough when I return back into the main section of the chamber they are nearly finished with Zora's hair. They left it curly and put it into a beautiful crafted bun, putting a tiny tiara encrusted in silver jewels on her head for decoration.

"Look at you, beautiful." I tight my robe and then bend down to grab her chin.

She stubbornly shakes her chin away from my grasp. "I like looking pretty."

"You are pretty." I smile as I sit down at the vanity and let them do whatever they please to me.

It seems I have three different girls working on me, one on hair, two on makeup as they both butt each other aside to do their work on my face. It made me wonder what Raidyn was doing right now--probably sleeping still. I bet it'll only take him an hour to get ready. Men, they don't need their faces painted or their hair done so perfectly that it takes hours.

Occasionally I glance over at the rest of my bridesmaids. Zora was the first to be completely finished--dress and all. She looked like a little princess in her pink puffed out dress with the brooch I bought her pinned on the fabric on her chest. The servants strapped her in shiny white shoes as she started to get antsy and began running around the entire room driving everyone nuts.

"Calm down, Zora." Elianna attempts to stop her, but there's no use.

"Hey Zora," I call out to her. "If you can't behave I'll send you to spend time with the boys until the wedding."