Chapter 16

A month has passed and it Raidyn and I fill the carriage with supplies as we get going to head to the real Southern Kingdom. Things have since calmed down with our relations with the East. Raidyn flooded the kingdom and Sedar ended up groveling for him to stop-granting our kingdom temporary peace.

Raidyn and I sit across from each other. I place my hand on my baby bump that has grown significantly since last month. I was beyond excited. The carriage ride for the most part was silent as we approach a kingdom with large walls built around it.

I get out of the carriage and Raidyn grabs my hand as we approach the gates walls.

"What's your business?" A guard yells.

"We are here looking for my wife's family. They live here. We mean no harm." Raidyn explains.

"Their names are Arleigh and Cynric Veldhashalm." I pipe in.

It's silent on the other side as the gates open and guards grab both Raidyn and I. I look at him panicked.

"It's okay, little dove." Raidyn reassures me, but his own eyes are wide with panic.

They move us along and to the castle. "W-Where are we going? We mean no harm!" I repeat to the guards. The guards don't answer me as they bring us through the doors entering their quant silent kingdom. The village was filled with tapestries of the color purple. We reach the gray colored castle as the guards bring us in. Where the hell were they taking us. Soon we are pushed into their King and Queen's throne room.

"This girl claims to be the lost princess." The guard shoves me slightly in front of the king and queen's throne and I turn to look at Raidyn scared. Lost Princess?

"Get your hands off my wife! She's pregnant!" Raidyn growls and thunder booms, lightning flashes before and after it.

"My apologizes." The guard spits out.

"Leave us be, guards." The queen stands. She has red hair and piercing green eyes--my mother. My mother is the queen?

"I don't understand." I keep my eyes on the queen, but I'm talking to Raidyn as I grab his arm.

"Your parents, Byrd, they must be the King and Queen of the Lost Kingdom." He exhales.

"Did I hear you say Byrd?" The Queen smiles approaching Raidyn. "A nickname I haven't heard or said in forever."

"That's my name." I gulp staring at my mother. A nickname? No, my name.

Raidyn smiles charmingly at my mother, probably trying to gain her approval.

"No one except the people in this castle knew of my daughter's nickname. It was something special only the king and I called her." The queen analyzes my face.

"Byrd is the love of my life and we believe she is your daughter. You remember her, don't you, little dove?" Raidyn asks me softly.

"I remember her." I stare at my mother some more mesmerized.

"My daughter didn't have purple eyes." The queen leans in to look at me.

"It's a magical restriction. My eyes are originally green. Like yours."

"Who gave you this restriction?" She asks.

"Former King Valdus Craylle of the Northern Kingdom. He took me when I was six years old."

She gasps. "My daughter was taken at six. How old are you?"

"Nineteen. Maybe twenty. I don't know my birthday. But I know the date I was taken; November 10th."