Chapter 8

Raidyn helps me unzip my dress as I hold my hair up in the back. "I don't really want you to go to the East," I admit.

"I'll be fine. I promise I'll be safe, I do have a family to return home to now."

I turn around to look at him. "If you won't let me come with you, can you please meet Digon for me, bring him back--anything." I plead.

"About that; I've decided..." He trails.

"Decided what?" I widen my eyes.

"To let you come with me. You are on bed rest except when you meet with Digon and you are not to adventure like crazy after this. We need to keep you strong and stress free. I'm so worried about you, but it is not fair of me to hold you back. I know I would want to find my family."

I wrap my arms around him. "Thank you Raidyn. This means a lot to me. I hope you know I can take care of myself. I trust you'll be safe, trust that I will be too then." I grab his hands.

He hums. "I still feel too lucky to have you. It feels too good to be true, like there's some catch to it all."

I smile. "There's no catch." I lean up to kiss him. "We're both lucky."

"How are you feeling today? Can I make you feel any better?" He purrs in my ear, placing his hands on my lower back.

"Its has been about two days," I croon. "But can I be honest with you?" I frown.

"Yes."

I exhale deeply. "I'm constantly exhausted and weak and in dire need of a nap almost every minute of the day. I just kinda pretend I'm doing okay for you." My mouth still downward."Not to mention I'm sore and emotional."

He frowns instantly. "Don't think you can't tell me that. I don't need you acting okay for me. Do you think it has to deal with the dependency? I'm not sure what this pregnancy means for you."

"Maybe it could be the dependency. It's not as bad as you think. I mean after a few days of not having relations with you I get extremely weak and you'd think with another inside of me I would get to that point quicker, but I don't think it is." I shrug my shoulders trying to make sense myself. "I'm just tired and weak as if creating this baby is using my energy. Also, to be honest I don't feel that dependent on you, I mean it's still there but the pull isn't as hard as it was weeks ago."

"Okay Byrd, what should I do-can I do for you?"

"Astrid actually brought up a good suggestion," I look up at him. "She was saying for you to manipulate me into sleeping."

"Manipulate you? Are you sure you want that?"

I shrug my shoulders. "I'm not sure, but I haven't been getting much sleep lately. I'll try anything."

He sighs and caresses me, cupping the side of my face with his hand. He looks directly into my eyes and mine into his in which lightning is swirling around his pupils. "Byrd, tonight you will sleep ten hours. In the morning you will tell me honestly how you feel and then you will be out of this manipulation and back into your free will."

Mindlessly I say, "Yes, Raidyn." I walk over to the bed and as soon as my head hits the pillow I fall asleep.

It felt like an instant that I am waking up the next morning with Raidyn already look at me.

"I feel," I turn my head to look at him. "Refreshed."

"Now you are out of the manipulation."

I give him a wide smile. "I can't believe that actually worked. I feel great."