Chapter Six

"What the hell do you want?"

"For you to quit acting like a jerk, for one," I answer to Landon, as I sink down onto the silver swiveling chair across from his dark chestnut desk that is messier than a teenage girl's closet. This room is apparently the office of Unit One, though it looks more like a bedroom for Landon, to be honest. A personal corner for the guy to plan out the ruining of my life.

It's obvious that Landon spends probably more time in this room than he does anywhere else, given the crushed cans of beer and emptied bottles of vodka trashed around the hard wood floors, and the piles of blankets strewn around for when he probably just slept in here. Loose and stacked piles of paper and folders litter the top of his desk, the chaos of paperwork broken up by three different laptops that are all silently humming as they work.

What all does it take to be the captain of Unit One? Landon's face looks as though he hasn't slept in days. If he spends all of his time in here, and it looks as though he even sleeps in here, then why can't I live in his apartment?

That's why I'm here.

To do whatever I need to do to not have to live with Oliver.

Even if that means living with... Landon. Ugh, even the mere thought is disgusting to me. I can hardly even think of living with Landon, but I'm desperate to get out of the whole laughable 'living with Oliver' situation. That's simply not an option to me - I don't willingly sleep in an apartment confining a sex maniac who also happens to be the creepiest guy I know.

"I will treat you however I want to, princess," Landon informs me as he realizes that ignoring me won't work out for him while I study his office, as his eyes lift from the screen of the laptop he seems to be slaving over. "Not to burst whatever pathetic remians of an ego that you have left, but I'm honestly getting tired of you always being around me while never shutting up, and always complaining. So what the hell do you want? And please, make this worth my time, if at all possible? I have so many better things to focus on than you."

I narrow my eyes at him for a second, before answering. He's just such a frustrating jerk... "It's more like, what do I not want. Which is to not live with Oliver."

Landon growls within the back of his throat annoyedly, as his large hands cover his emotionally drained face. Slowly, he reveals himself, for me to find him glaring at me. "Ally, I really don't have time for this. I just told you that I'm not making time for stupidity."

"Well, this is all your fault," I conclude, attempting to ignore his agonized attitude. "If you hadn't told me about my mom the way you had, throwing Trevor under the bus, I would still be living with him instead of pestering you. But, being the asshole that you always prove to be, it's up to you to figure out where I live now."

"I did figure that out, genius. You're living with Oliver, and that's final. As I already told you."

"Can't you make one of the other boys trade places and make room for me? Please? I really don't think living with Oliver is an option for me."

"Princess, the world doesn't revolve around you," Landon rolls his eyes, a trait that seems to be contagious for all of the boys in Unit One. "I'm not making my team take the time out of their day of training to please your petty, selfish needs. You're rooming with Oliver, and you're going to shut up about it. Got that?"

"No," I answer defiantly, even though I understand that it's unfair to make other people move, but the suggestion had been worth a shot. Again, I'm desperate. "But why can't I just move in with you? I don't take up much space. I swear, I'll -"

"No," Landon interrupts me sharply, as if the mere thought is too painful to comprehend. "You are never moving in with me, Ally. Honestly, I think I'd rather kill myself to save myself from the misery of having to put up with you so much if we lived together. Why a man would ever volunteerily live with you is astounding to me."