Chapter One

You were laying in your bed, waiting for your mom to call you down for breakfast. It was Saturday, so you got to sleep in a little this morning. You usually fall asleep at around 1:00am and it's pretty hard to wake up at 7:00am and drag yourself out of bed, so on weekends you just got extra sleep and a little fun. Today is your first appointment at the KATTU building, "Kids and Teens Therapy unit." You didn't exactly want to go, but it was sort of exciting to see new places right? "(Y/n) breakfast is ready!" Your mom called to you from downstairs. You haven't really been eating much so your mom got really worried about you. She thought that you could have depression or something, since you've been showing a few signs of it. But why would you have depression anyway? You've always been a happy kid right? You just don't really get it. You get out of bed, put on your slippers, and walk out of the room. "Hey mom, i'll be down in a minute." you yell to her. "Alright dear. Just be down here before your dad eats all the food." She laughs. You smile, and head into the bathroom. Once you finish going, you look in the mirror. You really do wish you had more self confidence. People say you look good but you just can't bring yourself to believe it. You wash your hands and head downstairs to eat breakfast. "Hey mom. What'd you make?" You asked. "Oh you know, just the usual. Pancakes, bacon, eggs, and some toast. Would you like some?" She says. "Ah, i'm good for now it's okay." You walk over to your dad. "Hey kiddo, excited for today?" He says. "Dad, why do you call me kiddo still? I'm not even ten anymore. And no I don't even want to go. They're probably gonna give me a stupid therapist who's rude and nappy and who only cares about getting money and not helping the people." You reply. Your dad sighs. "Look, it'll be okay. Just hope for the best and it'll come." he says. You shrug and walk over to your mom and ask when you guys leave. "We leave at 11:30am so you should probably go get ready alright?" She says and you nod. You run upstairs to get ready but you see a giant green light from outside your window, probably in the middle of town which was sort of far away. You get dressed quickly and run downstairs. "Mom, Dad, did you see that?!" "See what?" your mom replies. "There was this giant green light out the window! We should drive through town to see what's going on!" You say to them and your mom sighs and frowns. "Alright. But we leave in ten minutes so, just get your shoes on okay?"