Credible Prime.

Across the expanse of space and time in a place so dark and tucked away that civilization there exists unto its own, a war rages on between two peoples bent on not only proving the other one wrong but solidifying  their belief as the True Word.
The distant past saw these two civilizations as one civilization. Their combined strength and harmony was such that it inflated the beauty and wonder and all of their planet, Credible Prime.  Known only as The Ones in that ancient time of peace, the society flourished with music and art and a vast intellect unsurpassed by any surrounding civilization. In fact their culture and their knowledge and their impressiveness influenced other worlds in other systems. They were the seats of civilization in the  Vast.

The existential question of the Cosmos, the very same question asked throughout the universe - that is the answerable unanswerable was 'Where did we come from?'. The struggle has always been between The seekers of the truth and the deniers - from the Way Back the sought after-element has been that answer. It's been the energy that drives the Seekers; their entire culture is precipitated on the pursuit of that truth.

Opposite the seeker culture, the dark to light, the reaction to action, has been a shadow race called the Yend.  They are the non-faithed - steeped in the ashes of history - in the Beyond Back, their civilization emerged amid doubt so immediate it was a sixth sense to their being.

Contemplation day - the highest holiday for the Pragmatica, a rank of highness that honored a person's calling to question.  Contemplation day celebrated that instinct - the questioning! In secret, probe ships had been quietly running on missions to more closely search for the Zed, a region also called The Cradle of Creation. The region had not yet been discovered but ancient texts and temples of The Question on Credible Prime describe a place of impossible beauty where the answer is "Yes".

The Seekers are from 10,000 different worlds.  There's is a culture that transcends race and species, spread somehow by natural order or,  if a Seeker is asked, spread by the Keeper of Truth. In the Way Back, an Ancient One, Calfate, is said to have discovered the answer and kept it to himself, fearing the launch of wars. But war has launched between The Seekers and the Yend. Pursuit of their own discoveries has inspired both to battle across fields of stars so vast that entire expanses  were consumed by fighting - laid to waste with the wreckage of ships and death.
Yend legend tells of Calfate as well, the Ancient One with the knowledge that there is no supreme maker, that there is no Zed.  To the Yend, there is only the expanse of eternity. Calfate is a race of being that is trans temporal, existing outside of the confines of time, appearing in physical form very much like a humanoid - but unbound by mortality. For this reason, because of this property, Calfate was privy to The Answer.  It was given to him, so the legend goes, by personal experience - a moment within his timeline where he discovered the truth. Find The Zed and it is said you'll find Calfate.  So from Credible Prime the search continues.