Chapter Nine

I frowned as I waved goodbye to the girls, but smiled at soon as they were out of sight. Today was the day that I was going to be getting my best friend back and I was more than excited.

I drove to the park, examining the unfamiliar faces. There was a woman jogging, a man walking his dog, and a woman pushing a stroller. I step out of my car and walk over to a bench, taking a seat as I wait for Mingus.

Shortly after I arrive, Mingus pulls in and a smile appears on my face. "Long time, no see." He says, pulling me into a big hug. "I've missed you, G." He kisses my cheek and we take a seat.

"I've missed you too, Mingus. How are you?" He takes off his sunglasses, exposing those hazel eyes that could make any girl melt within seconds. He takes a deep breath and smiles.

"I've been good. In all honesty, I hated staying at my moms. There is absolutely nothing to do there."

"Then why'd you leave?" I asked a little to harsh. He leans back against the bench, getting comfortable.

"I had to, G. I couldn't just stay here while the girl I'm madly in love with fools around with my dad," My head falls to the ground and there is silence for a few moments. "Speaking of you and my dad, how are you too? Are you still seeing each other?" I laugh under my breath and shake my head 'no'.

"Your dad seems to like those blonde bimbo bitches better than anything," Mingus shakes his head, agreeing with my statement. "So, to actually answer your question, no. Not for a while now. I'm actually thinking about moving back down south." I wasn't actually lying to Mingus. Norman had found a blonde bimbo bitch, and we hadn't seen each other in a while. But we hadn't exactly stopped seeing each other.

"That's good? I think. I don't really know what to say. I guess all I can say is, I'll be happy with whatever you choose to do."

"You don't have to say anything, Mingus, it's all over and done with. I'm happy with how things are. It's easier." I gave an assuring smiled, and he gave one back.

As much as I didn't want to, I had to leave. Mingus and I said our -see ya later's- and we both headed off. I first stopped at the office for a while, doing paperwork, getting checks ready for payday, ect. Then I stopped at Norman's, grabbing my clothes, shoes, anything that I had left. I don't want to have to come back to this place again.

 I walk through the front door, the memories from Norman and I creeping there way into my mind. I shake my head, closing my eyes tightly. I don't want to remember those things, I want to hate them. 

"Tisk, tisk, tisk," I hear a female voice come from behind me. "Don't you know to knock first?"

"What do you want?" I roll my eyes and turn around.

"Well first off, how'd you get in here?" She crossed her arms waiting for an answer. "Well?"

"Well if you must know, I have a key." Her mouth drops open and she raised her eyebrows.

"You have a key? How the hell did you get a key? I don't even have a key and I'm his girlfriend."

Yeah don't remind me.

"Mingus gave it to me. Any other questions? I'd really love to leave." I narrow my eyes at her, wishing I could just kill her already.

"Nope." She says popping the 'p' like a teenage girl. "Actually, Genevieve, I do have one question," An evil smile creeps onto her face. I nod and give her the okay to ask it. "Do you find Norman, oh how can I put this, attractive?"

I swallow the lump in my throat and shake my head. "No, of course not, he's like a dad to me." Yeah a dad I would fuck till the sun came up. "Why do you ask?"