Escape

Alex knew that Breacon Beacons was no longer safe. He was going to escape tonight. Whether K-Unit agreed or not.

Night had fallen and still, no one had any idea who the shooters were. The entire camp was asleep except for a few guards who were assigned to patrolled the area to keep a look out for any sign of enemy. K-Unit had been ordered by the sergeant that he should receive double protection.

Alex had told Ben that he had gone out for a simple midnight stroll to get his mind of of things. Alone. Ben had agreed and told Alex to be back in no longer than an hour.

So here he was, attempting to escape Breacon Beacons. He had picked his back pack from the top of a tree he had marked with an 'X' as he knew that if he brought it along with him past K-Unit, they'd stop him from leaving.

The guards patrolling were the members of G-Unit and C-Unit. They held M16 guns and exchanged silent words amongst themselves. Alex tightened the grip on his bag.

He picked up a single piece of pebble that lay by his feet and threw it down at their feet. It made a small distracting sound that the two men had walked off to investigate. Alex ran past the gates, his boots padding lightly on the hard ground.

Once he had thought that he was finally alone, he walked past the barbed wired fence. "Cub!" Wolf stood behind him, with the rest of K-Unit in tow. All of them were dressed in their SAS shirts, army camouflaged pants and hard boots.

"What?" He was waiting for a reply, the dark forest stretched endlessly before him in a never ending sea of pith black. Why were K-Unit here? He needed to leave now. There was no time to relax and have a chat.

Ben had taken a cautious step forward, a steady hand held out in front if him. "Alex. Don't do this. Let us help you." He had almost sounded like he was pleading.

"I'm sorry." Was the last thing he said before he climbed skilfully over the barbed wired fence and took off into the woods, his thin frame disappearing into the dark shadows.

Kevin POV/

Kevin Stoll sat in a room full of important people. Scorpia had been recruiting again. This time with more efficient members.

"Let us commence this meeting. We are here to discuss project Hades." Kevin Stoll stood with his hands folded behind his back. His expression was stoic but inside, he was filled with excitement.

"Sakamoto. You have the fundings for this project, yes?"

The woman who sat beside him on his right was Japanese. Her name was Hanabi Sakamoto. She had shoulder hair length that spilled onto her kimono as she sat at full attention.

She nodded.

"Yes, Mr Stoll. My company in Tokyo would be thrilled to be aiding in this project. We have all the money of multiple billions all stored safely in our banks. More than enough to ever support our mission."

"What of Alex Rider? Wouldn't he just stop us again if we tried to ignite total annihilation on Britain? He has done it before."

The man who had spoken was Scottish. His name was Michael McGarth and was previously a senior particle physicist at CERN in Sweden.

All eyes had turned to look at him like he had gone mad. Some had furious expressions on their faces while others were just unreadable. Kevin Stoll sighed with anger as he approached the man, his forehead leaned in close to his face.

"Alex Rider will never be able to stop project Hades. The title of it states it's purpose. Hades, Greek Mythology's God of death and supreme ruler of the underworld who keeps the dead souls in their place. I suggest you keep your mouth shut before I kill you right here and right now."

His tone was calm and deadly, the ice cold words slithering up Michael's body like a python wrapping around it's prey before death. Michael nodded, his brows were sweating profusely as he had internally gulped, fear evident in his eyes.

Kevin smiled and turned his attention back to the rest of the present members who had begun snickering at Michael. He clasped his hands together as he begins to address the rest of the board members seated in this room. "Now. Let us discuss."