Chapter 5

Chapter 5:

Millie's POV

I stirred around and opened my eyes, looking around my bedroom. I laid my head back down and smiled as I thought about last night. Everything about it was perfect, and there's nothing more I wanted than to go back. The car, the music, the lights- it was all amazing. It was the first time in a long time I genuinely felt free. Free of stress, free of my worries, free of myself. It felt like all of the weight was lifted off my shoulders, and it was all because of Finn. I smiled once more at the thought of him. It was now Saturday morning, and my parents were out of the house for the day. I pulled out my phone and began to text Sadie.

"Hey- parents are gone for the day... wanna come over?" I typed. After just a few quick seconds, Sadie responded.

"I'd love to but I already made plans with Caleb ): tomorrow?" The text read.

"No worries, I'll text you tomorrow, okay?"

"Yeah!" She responded.

I threw my phone back on my bed, wondering how I should spend my day. All of a sudden, my phone buzzed and I looked down at the lockscreen. It was Finn.

"Hey, I don't really have anything to do today, so I was thinking maybe we could hang out?"

"Yeah, you can come over if you want?" I texted, smiling.

"Oh, cool, just text me your address, I shouldn't take long."

I quickly threw my bed together and went into the bathroom to clean up a little. I didn't bother doing makeup or anything, so I threw on some leggings and an old, baggy sweatshirt. After about 15 minutes of wandering around, I heard a knock on the door, knowing immediately that it was Finn.

Finn's POV

When Millie opened the front door, all of the amazing memories from last night began to flood into my head. I noticed that she wasn't wearing any makeup, making scars visible over her eyes that I hadn't noticed before.

"Hey," she disrupted my thoughts.

"Oh, hey, long time no see," I joked. She laughed, making my heart rise- God, she had the cutest laugh.

"Come in," she gestured.

I walked in, noticing it was quite empty.

"Where are your parents?"

"Oh, they're at a thing for the day," she closed the door, "do you want anything?" She gestured towards the kitchen.

"No, I'm alright, but thanks," I responded.

"Alright, well we can go in my room," she smiled. She began leading me upstairs, down the hallway, and into her room. I stared around her room, which was much different than I expected it to be. Different pictures and posters covered almost every inch of the four walls, and colorful string lights hung, covering almost the whole ceiling. She walked over to her bed and took a seat, as I continued to explore her room. Books were spread across the floor of her room, and drawings laid over her desk. I started to walk over to her bed to where she was sitting, noticing her nightstand which had a drawer full of different medicine bottles. The light flooded in from the window across from her, making her light brown eyes twinkle.

"Your room is... wow," I said.

"Oh," she laughed quietly, "thank you."

"Is that a record player?" I asked, walking over to it.

"Yep, I just got it a few months ago. I'm still trying to build up my collection." I pulled a vinyl out of the sleeve and began to play it, soft guitar instrumentals filling the room.

"This is my favorite album," she smiled.

"Ah, so now I know more about you other than the fact that you like to read and draw," I smiled back, "what else is there?" I grabbed her hands and lifted her up off the bed, spinning her around to the music.

"I'm a pretty complex person, Finn Wolfhard," she smiled faintly.

"And I wanna hear all about it," I smiled back. I twirled her around once more, and she fell on her bed, laughing. All of a sudden, we fell silent, staring into each other's eyes. We still had smiles spread across our lips as we watched each other.

"You're something else, Finn Wolfhard."