Chapter 2

Eight weeks fly by. It's Monday, September 12, 2010. The reason why that date is so significant is that today's the first day of school. I'm now a junior at Olds Groves Academy.

"Hi there, Allison!" My best friend Delilah Wentworth cries, running up to me.

"Hey, Delilah!" I squeal, jumping up and down.

We hug each other tightly.

Delilah and I hadn't seen each other all summer because Del and her family had gone on a vacation to the Bahamas.

We've called, we've Skyped, we've texted, but it wasn't the same as seeing each other in person.

So, needless to say, we were ecstatic to finally see each other!

"How was the Bahamas?" I ask. 

"It was amazing!" Del gushes.

She then proceeds to tell me all about her vacation there from the beaches to the hotel to the boat trip, and last of all, a hot guy named Evan Hartley.

"Evan and I met at surfing class," Del informs me with a grin spreading on her face like wildfire. "We hit it off immediately and instantly became friends. We went out on dates, and on the last day before going home (Friday, the tenth), they shared a passionate kiss.

"Aww, that's great!" I gush. " I'm so happy for you, Del."

"Thanks," She says, grinning from ear to ear. "Unfortunately, he lives in New York City."

"That's not bad," I say positively. "We're in Connecticut. NYC is only two hours away by train."

"I know but it's not the same as going out with a guy who lives in the same town as you."

"Wait, so are you guys dating or just friends or what?"

"We're kinda sorta dating."

"Kinda? Sorta?"

"I mean, we're just testing out a long-distance relationship to see if it'll work out."

I nod my head understandably. "Ohh, gotcha. Well, hopefully it'll work out!"

Delilah grins. "Yeah, me too! So how are things going with Daniel?"

"Great! Actually, about two months ago, I lost my virginity to him," I inform her excitedly.

Delilah gasps. "Oh my God, Allison! You didn't!"

I nod my head and giggle. "I did."

"Wow, Al! I can't believe it! How was it? Was it good or bad, or what?"

"It was the most amazing experience I've ever had. Sex is amazing. Like, I swear to God, it's indescribable." 

Delilah giggles. "That's great! I'm so happy for you!"

The warning bell rings, which means that there's only five minutes till we go to our first period class.

Before heading to our first period classes (unfortunately we only have fourth period together, which is gym), Delilah says softly to me, "You guys did use protection, right?"

I freeze. "Um...well....uh..." I'm at loss for words.

Delilah gasps. "Oh, Allison, seriously?!"

"We got so caught up in the moment," I admit with a sigh. "We didn't plan to have sex that night,  so we didn't think of using a condom or anything. And my parents don't let me go on the pill. Holy shit. I can't believe how stupid I am!"

Delilah shakes her head and sighs. "You're definitely stupid."

"Well, we used condoms for every other time we had sex," I point out. "It's only the first time we had unprotected sex."

Delilah says, "That doesn't mean you're not pregnant."

I shake my head in denial. "Ha. No way. I'm so not pregnant."

Delilah scoffs. "Whatever, Allison."

We walk away from each other, rushing to our first period classes before we'd be late.

As the day drags by, there's only one thing on my mind: Am I pregnant?