Day 2.

Day 2.

6:37 P.M.

   I was slowly walking to the pond down the road from my fathers house, sick of the silence I put my head phones in as I open the Pandora app on my android.

   I'd been trying to not think about Cale, it driving me crazy. He hasn't texted me all day, I sighed. I sat down on the dock with my feet hanging over into the water, I was getting really depressed thinking about him.

   I sat there staring out across the lake for what seemed like hours, I was startled out of my daze by a very loud rumble of thunder. Aggravated I mumbled, "great". I got up off the deck and walked back to my fathers house, hurriedly.

   I'm terrified of storms, ever since May 22, 2011. I lived in Joplin, Missouri. If none of you know, that was the day a EF-5 mile wide tornado tore through half of joplin. My house was located directly in the middle of the path of the tornado, there was four people at my house that day, only my mom my brother my three year old niece and me, we all survived. We all had injuries, but my moms were the worst. She threw herself on top of my niece to protect her. I got thrown from our hallway by my brothers room and mine to the dining room, which is a good 6 or 7 feet. All that was left of our house was the foundation, and debri.  

   When we used to talk about the tornado, my niece would always tell my mom, "You squeezed me so hard, I almost puked!" its funny but its also sad.  Now the result of the tornado is me afraid of everytime it rains, thunders/lightenings, and just whenever it storms.

   By the time I got home it was already windy, with heavy dark clouds covering the sky. I shivered, getting a sickening feeling in my stomach. I flung the front door open and went into the lving room and turned on the tv, straight to the weather channel. I read the warnings/watches as they scrolled across the bottom of the screen, SEVERE THUNDERSTORM WARNING: Montgomery county. "fuck" I whisper as I sat on the couch. My phone started vibrating scaring the shit out of me, I answered it without looking at the caller ID.

"hello?"

"babe?" the voice said.

Gasping, almost yelled but I calmed myself and whispered, "Cale?"

"yeah, sorry ive been busy all day. I didn't have time to text you or anything so I called you once I got home."

Grinning sheepishly, "you called right at a good time."

"whys that?" He said with a smile in his voice.

"it's storming and im scared..."

"Oh babe, its going to be okay I promise you."

Smiling, I whisper "thanks Cale..I'm home alone. That's why im scared."

"You're gunna be okay, just stay on the phone with me till its over with."

"okay" I whispered softy.

"oh, and Cale?"

"Yes?"

"thank you" I said as I snuggled down on the couch.

6 hours later, I woke up sitting straight up. I noticed my phone was still on call with Cale, I grinned and put the phone to my ear to hear him sound a sleep and snoring slightly I giggled to myself and whispered, "oh Cale."