Chapter Five

Elsa's point of view

He heard me. He heard me. Tears burnt down my face. They hurt so bad, but I couldn't stop them. Anna didn't know what to say so she just left. I felt my heart get ripped out of my chest. I fell on the ground, buried my face in my knees, and cried. I cried so hard my tears felt like blood. I didn't understand why I was feeling this way. I should be getting over him, not falling for him. But how do you fall out of love with someone who's always around? Nevertheless, I knew I had to find him.

I wiped my tears, and left the Arendelle. Somehow, I knew exactly where he was. Or atleast where he'd be. I knew he was probably in a hole somewhere crying to death. Begging and pleading for it. Sort of like how I felt. I walked towards our castle, then I fell. I hit my head pretty hard, but I managed to get to my feet. I heard sobbing come from the corner of the hole behind me. I turned around and saw him. "
"Jack."

He looked up, and when he realised it was me he tried to wipe his tears. He couldn't stop them. He got to his feet, and looked at me. The space between us was filled with words we wanted to say, but couldn't. But I had to try. "Jack, I." He interrupted me. "Save it, Elsa. No more excuses. No more time. I made you choose, and you didn't choose me." He walked up to me, and gently laid a hand on my cheek. I was suddenly aware that the last time we were this close, we were kissing. Thoughts of the kiss made my knees feel weak. "Maybe, you changed your mind." Jack said looking at me hopeful. I took a step back. Away from him. His eyes were filled with anger, and disappointment.

"Jack, I can't."
"Sure you can't. You're selfish, Elsa. This new you is plain selfish. I really thought we were meant to be. I thought that's why the man in the moon chose you. That finally I wouldn't have to live eternity alone. I thought I had you, but clearly I don't." He didn't understand. I wished he did. Maybe he's right. Maybe I was being selfish. I knew I loved him. I loved him so badly. I also knew I was angry at him. For not being there for me when I needed him. I wish I could tell him what would happen if we were together. What I saw when I was out, after the accident. I wish I could tell him the truth. I wish I could tell him that I never lost my memory of him, but merely did it to protect him from the fate that would come to him if we were together. How I wished he knew? I wished it so badly. Instead of telling him, I stepped into the shadows, and went away.