Chapter Twelve

Jack's point of view

That moment was perfect. i could just barely make out Pitch's angry screams. He demanded we stop, but we never did. His black mist was around us, but we couldn't feel it. Then I felt something different. I felt something unlock within me. Something out of our control. We fell back in love with each other, and we showed it. Pitch's screams suddenly stopped, and the chains around Elsa's ankles disappeared.

I didn't care because all that mattered was her lips. All that mattered was that when she touched my skin would feel on fire. She made me feel something I never did. I believed that my heart was broken before because the woman who was meant for me for the rest of eternity didn't want me. That moment I realised that my heart broke because I thought I'd never feel the same way again. Then we let go.

We opened our eyes to a changed room. Pitch was on his knees gasping for air. There was glow around Elsa. I looked closer. It wasn't a glow. It was light. Then I realised it wasn't around her alone. It was around me. I felt something unlock within me when we kissed. It was light. It must've been within us all along. We had the power to stop Pitch. After all, light can defeat darkness. Pitch crawled his way out.

I looked back at Elsa. She had a smile on her face I had grown to miss. She was as confused as I was. Yet, we didn't care. Pitch wasn't defeated, but we managed to stop him for now. We sent a message that there is more within us. I hugged Elsa with all my remaining strength. I whispered into her ear, "I love you, Elsa. Please be selfish." Then we kissed. It was as amazing as the last one. It was exhausting, but we didn't care. I finally had her.