Part 10 - Baring teeth

My consciousness stirred, slowly coming back online after a much-needed reboot. My eyes fluttered open but bright light made me squeeze them back shut. I groaned at the bad taste in my mouth then slowly reopen my eyes, but the bright light was back and blinding. I turned away from the brightness, the movement was painful.

What is wrong with us? Miss Priss croaked.

Squinting, I stared at my surroundings in alarm. This wasn't my room. Dark grey walls, a Star Wars poster and Axel sleeping in a chair...

Mmmm, Axel. Miss Priss purred.

I sat up feeling disorientated. Axel? Where am I?

Gabriel Aims! Miss Priss yelled loudly in my head.

Last night's events resurfaced in my groggy mind, effectively bringing me out of the fog. Painful pounding erupted in my head when I look at the bright sunlight streaming in through a gap left in the dark red curtains. I looked away from the light rather quickly. Add a hangover to my list of unfortunates and call me out of order.

Out of their own accord, my eyes went back to Axel. He looked very uncomfortable sleeping in the chair. He had a fluffy grey blanket thrown over him covering his body his glasses still perched on his face.

Ooh, I wanna touch the fluffy blanket. Miss Priss shrieked wiggling her fingers.

Focus Melia. I closed my eyes for a second to gather my haywire thoughts. My head was pounding, my muscles sore and the taste in my mouth was foul.

OMG is this puke? I thought repulsed as I stared at the dried pieces in my hair. I pulled the covers away from me, hesitantly, scared of the idea that I might be in my birthday suit.

Relief washed over me as I looked down at my fully clothed body, but then it plummeted at the sight of the vile stains on my white dress.

What the hell happened last night?

My sense of decency left the premises as I zeroed in on a ball of socks on the floor next to the bed. Snatching it up I threw it at Axel's sleeping form. "Psst, Axel, wake up," I yelled in a whisper, my voice barely audible as it cracked.

Axel stirred, his hand cupped his neck as he grimaced before opening his eyes. "What?" he asked in a sour tone. He blinked a few times before he stood up, the fluffy grey blanket slipped off, and my jaw dropped at the sight.

I rubbed the sleep from my eyes only to stare at him again. He was actually wearing a sleeveless t-shirt and his arms looked deliciously muscular. Why the hell would he hide those perfect guns?

He awkwardly scratched the back of his neck, looking around his room in desperation until he found his grey hoodie. Pulling it on he finally seemed to focus. I stared at him pointedly. "Why do you do that?" I asked pushing my hair out of my face as I stood up.

Axel looked at me from head to toe, pausing for a second at my cleavage area before looking away. "Do what?" he asked pulling a hand through his hair.

"Hide yourself," I shrugged still staring at him.

He frowned at me, the wheels in his head turned loudly. "Melia, we are not having this conversation," he said sternly, "do you want coffee?" he asked over his shoulder as he walked out of the room.

Miss Priss perked up at the idea of coffee. "Yes, please," I yelled after him. I paused before walking out after him, my eye caught the en-suite bathroom. I looked up at myself in the mirror, I look wretched. Shrugging I made my way to the bathroom stripped and got into the shower.