Something is Wrong

^Teresa

Chapter 3

I was sputtering now. "Sister?!"

Dad placed a hand on my shoulder. "Teresa here is your older sister. The day you were born, I was watching her back at the house while your mother stayed overnight in the hospital. Your mother killed herself after she abandoned you. I had hoped that I'd be able to find you sooner. I'm sorry that it took so long, sweetie."

Now I was confused. This didn't make sense. "Why would mom abandon me?"

Dad looked pained. "Your mother... knew that you were born different. She knew that you weren't like your sister."

"What—?"

"Tammie, this is going to be a lot to process. How about we go home. I promise I'll explain everything."

"We're going to my grandparents' house?"

"No, daddy's house." Teresa piped up.

I wanted to make a few potshots at Teresa's childish term for our dad, but with my newest discovery, I felt kind of bad for pushing her around.

Dad was already signing me out, scribbling my name, the date, and time on the clipboard. He turned to Teresa and I.

"Before we leave, I need to make a phone call. You girls wait here. Ms. Graci will keep an eye on you."

"Yes daddy!" Teresa said, grinning at him.

Dad went into the conference room, closing the door behind him. Teresa and I were silent for several awkward moments.

"I can't believe you're my sister." I said.

Teresa shrugged. "I just found out. Daddy told me yesterday, but told me not to give it away. He wanted it to be a surprise."

"Why do you call him that?"

Teresa looked at me with furrowed brows. "Huh?"

"Why do you call him 'daddy'? That's kinda juvenile."

"I've always called our dad 'daddy'. I guess it stuck." Teresa replied with a nonchalant shrug.

Several more seconds passed, and I clasped my hands behind my back, rocking onto the balls of my feet. "What's taking him so long?"

Teresa, who had been spacing out, just shook her head. I decided to wait another minute or so before walking to the door, raising a fist to knock. Before rapping the frosted glass, I heard a name that stopped me dead in my tracks.

"...yes, I have already notified Lord Ghetsis..."

I was feeling a mixture of emotion. Horror, sorrow, betrayal, and anger swirling, blending, and hitting each other in my screaming mind. This wasn't supposed to happen! This is supposed to be a happy occasion—! I shook my head. Tamara, now isn't the time for freaking out! I need to get out of here before— oh Arceus, Teresa... I can't leave her. The bastard probably brainwashed the poor girl. I nodded in determination, turning to Teresa. She stared at me, confused. Snapping out of my stupor, I rushed toward her, grabbing her hand and running from the office, dragging Teresa with me.