The Voices

Author's Notation: Schizophrenia warning! May be triggers for some people.
________________________

RECAP

As he urinated, I looked around, trying to get an estimate as to where we were. From the looks of it, we were getting close to the Driftveil Drawbridge. Ghetsis nudged me with his elbow, grunting. He was done. Gritting my teeth, I began pulling up his pants and underwear when the back of my hand brushed against something warm... with a slit... Ghetsis jumped slightly, giving me a dirty look, which confirmed my fears.

Oh. Hell. No!

Gagging, I yanked up the garments, shoved him back into the backseats, and got into the passenger seat. As Lucy continued to drive, I could hear Ghetsis laughing.

"It's not funny!" I snapped.

END RECAP

Chapter 6

~Tamara's POV~

I sighed heavily. It was ten o'clock at night and we had managed to check into Driftveil Bed and Breakfast. Lucy pulled Ghetsis into the room, forcefully turning him to her and ripped the tape off from over his mouth, eliciting a grunt of pain from the older man. I flopped down onto a bed. Ghetsis looked around and scoffed.

I glared at him. "It's either this or the trunk. Your choice."

"This room is the size of the trunk."

"You—" my phone rang. "Whatever. Guys, keep him quiet." I muttered, yanking out my phone. I composed myself before answering. "Yes?" I asked with faux sweetness.

"Tamara! Are you okay?!"

I sighed. "Hi grandma. I'm fine. Here, talk to Lucy, I'm exhausted." I gave the phone to Lucy laid down, fatigue overtaking me.

I close my eyes, forcing myself to relax and eventually fell asleep.

~Lucy's POV~

I hung up the phone. I hadn't told her everything, just that we were gonna lay low for a few days and that Tristan and I would take care of Tamara. Even though Tamara was essentially the leader of our little group, I knew that she was exhausted from the day's events and the cancer wasn't helping in the least.

"Tristan, wet a washcloth with warm water." I said, putting Tamara's Xtranseiver on the bedside table.

"No problem." Tristan said.

"Excuse me!" Ghetsis snapped. "Aren't you forgetting someone?!"

I glared at him. "Sit down somewhere out of the way and shut up."

"I don't take orders from you!"

I lunged for the bastard. "Ghetsis!!!" I shrieked as Tristan put the washcloth on the bed to hold me back. "Shut the fuck UP before I kill you!"

"Don't!" Tristan hissed. "Lucy, he's not worth it!"

After calming down, I shoved Ghetsis into an armchair before turning back to Tamara. Amazingly, she had slept through everything. I picked up the still damp and warm washcloth, putting it over her eyes. I took off her jacket and boots, Tristan piling up pillows to elevate her legs. I put a few blankets over her before Tristan and I took the pill bottles of medication out of her jacket pockets, setting them on the nightstand with a glass of water for when she woke up.

11:45 p.m.

~Ghetsis's POV~

I woke up when a car in the parking lot backfired. I must have fallen asleep on the armchair. Although the bulkier girl had released my ankles and took the tape off of my face, my wrists were still tied. I tried to straighten up, but I could not move.