The Wendigo

A/N: *rubs hands together deviously* Now then, what could I have planned for this chapter? *winks* Why don't you find out?
________________________

RECAP

A Grunt stared down at the object in his hand in confusion. They had been going through the possessions of the new hostages, and he had been searching through a light blue shoulder bag. From what he could see, the bag belonged to the blue-haired girl.

The above mentioned object was a large white pill bottle with no label other than the words Take every 5 hours written in black Sharpie. The Grunt opened the bottle and the contents confused him even more.

White and black pills.

The Grunt looked up and waved over a higher-up named Aldith, who walked over.

"What'd you find?" she asked.

"Take a look for yourself." he replied, handing Aldith the bottle.

The redhead examined the bottle and looked inside. Her eyebrows furrowed. "What is this?"

"I don't know."

Aldith took the cap back, screwing it on. "I'm taking it to the labs to be tested."

At that, she left.

END RECAP

Chapter 9

Team Plasma HQ | 2:20 p.m. | Teresa's POV

I was so happy. I had been a good girl for daddy! When he smiled down at me and patted my head, saying "Good job.", my heart swelled with pride and joy. I tried to talk to the kids being held in the basement, but they were just as mean, if not worse, than back at school, and this made me very upset. Why couldn't they see that I was trying to help them?

"Don't pout." daddy said, sensing my low spirits. "All's it'll take is a few months, maybe a little longer, of reeducation, and they'll see from our point of view."

I smiled at daddy's words. "They will?" daddy nodded and I hugged him.

Daddy suddenly pushed me away, taking my shoulder to hold me still as he slapped me. It hurt and my eyes watered, but I didn't let the tears fall. I had forgotten the rule against affectionate touching, and I needed to be punished for it.

Sniffling, I reached up a hand to cup my stinging cheek. "S-Sorry daddy..."

"You know the rule Teresa." daddy said in a stern voice.

"I forgot... I was just happy."

"I know Teresa, but you have to remember that physical affection is unnecessary and distracting. You don't want to become distracted from our goals, do you?"

I shook my head. "No! No I don't!"

Daddy nodded. "Good girl. Now, I need you to check on the hostages. It's time for them to use the bathroom." he handed me a pistol. "If anyone tries anything, shoot to kill."

My eyes were wide as I stared at the gun in my hand, feeling it's weight. It felt heavier than I expected a gun to be. I'd never killed anyone before, and the thought scared me.

"Daddy... I-I've never killed anyone before. What if I can't?"

Daddy took my chin, tilting my head up so my eyes met his. "I know you can Terri. Do it for your daddy."