2 - A Spilled Drink

Madison and I jammed to old hits as we applied our makeup, messing up as we went along. Of course also taking some time to serenade each other jokingly when love songs came on. However, soon would come the part where we would debate each other's outfits.

"No you can't wear that shirt it looks EXACTLY like mine!" Madison groaned at the White V-neck I was holding up.

Looking back and forth between the shirt and Madison I finally stated, "Madison, the shirt you're going to wear is black."

"A black V-neck though!"

I rolled my eyes at her, still internally debating with myself if I should wear this plain V-neck.

"Besides do you really want to get that white shirt dirty? Let's be smart now." Madison said in a snooty tone.

I nodded. Besides her snarky attitude she made a good point. I gave in and hung the white V-neck back up. Madison smiled knowing she had won and gave me a thumbs up.

I rolled my eyes again, dumb hoe always gets her way.

Moving on, I pulled out a shirt that couldn't get stained, a black body suit. Throwing on some light wash shorts and flip flops I smiled at myself approvingly in the mirror. It was such a basic, and simple outfit. But that's what I am, basic and simple. Madison groaned in annoyance since we had the same color top on. Not like it mattered anyway because within a couple minutes she changed into a white body suit, with light wash booty shorts, and flip flops. So much for not looking alike. However with the curl of her hair, we left for the biggest party of the summer.

"Thank you so much for coming with me Aub! We're going to have SO much fun! We're only young for so long- ya know?" Madison rambled- again.

I nervously chuckled at her words. Madison kept talking, but I couldn't listen. I was getting really bad anxiety about this party. I never go to parties, and I've never once attended one. I had a reputation going for me, and this night is going to ruin it all.

Man, the things you do for friends.

I felt a slight squeeze on my shoulder. I looked over to see Madison's hand on my shoulder trying to calm me down.

"Aubrey, there's nothing to worry about." Madison giggled.

"I hope you're right." I muttered running my hand through my hair.

A couple seconds later Madison's phone was going off, it was her mom calling. I answered it of course because Madison was driving.

"Hello?"

"Hey Aubrey! I heard you two were heading to a party?"

"Yes Mrs. T. Is there a problem?"

"No of course not! You're such a good influence and Madison needs to be more like you!"

I giggled as I watched Madison roll her eyes and mocked her mother.

"I would like Madison to be home by midnight though! Have fun and be safe!"

"Will do! Bye."   

Madison ranted about her mom the rest of the way to the party, as I stared out the window thinking what did I get myself into?

---

Soon we arrived and pulled up to the curb. It seemed as if we were blocks away from the house. There was a long line of cars. Some cars were parked on other streets because there wasn't enough room. So many cars and teens were here, and I started to feel a pit in my stomach grow.

I was shaken out of my thoughts when Madison- being Madison, decided she wasn't going to walk this far to get to the party.

So what'd she do?