"Teach me?"

One year later...

Arthur was calmly reading a book in his room before his evening fighting lesson when Merlin started to talk to him sounding troubled. "Arthur?"

"Yes Merlin, what's wrong?"

"I-I hurt someone. With my magic"

"How?"  Arthur asked sitting up straight.

"I was playing with fire and making it fly around me in beautiful patterns and a man saw me and freaked out and started yelling about k-killing scum like me. Then he went to attack me and my magic reacted with my emotions and hurt him and I don't know what to do."

"Merlin."

"I am so sorry Arthur. I never wanted to hurt anyone. I am sorry." 

"You did nothing anyone else would not have."

"W-what?"

"I would have done the same thing in that position."

"Really? You are not angry?"

"Not at you. I am angry at that man. Are you home?"

"N-no I am still by the fire the man ran off."

"Merlin you need to go home."

"B-but-"

"Merlin you're not safe there. Please go home where you're safe."

"O-okay." Merlin rose up on shaking legs and walked home with Arthur's soft word distracting her from what she did. 

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Arthur was talking to Merlin the entire time she was walking home and when she arrived back she was alone.

"I will keep you company til your mother returns. Is that alright?"

"Yes thank you."

"What are friends for?"

Merlin sat down on the floor and Arthur remained on his bed"Can I ask you something?"

"Sure."

"What's it like being a prince?"

Arthur was slightly surprised by her question but still decided to answer it. "Well, I have to go to a lot of lessons so when I am king I know what to do and I have to watch how I behave."

"Can you read?"

"Yes."

"If we ever meet can you teach me?"

"Sure if..."

"If what?"

"You teach me something too."

"What can I teach you? You know everything."

"A spell?"

"Um... I don't actually know any spells."

"What! Then how do you have magic?"

"I don't know. I can move stuff with my mind."

"Awesome."

The door of Merlin's home opened. "I have to go. My mother's back."

"Okay tomorrow?"

"Tomorrow."

Right after Merlin said that a servant entered Arthur's room to get him ready for his training. "Good timing Merlin"

"Thanks. I...guess."

AN: YAY another chapter redone. I'm on a roll! Comment if there is anything that doesn't make sense. Til next time.