"Merlin? Please respond..."

Merlin nodded respectfully in Arthur's direction, "It's a pleasure to meet you sire."

Arthur just looked Merlin over and nodded curtly in response which caused Merlin to blush slightly. Gwen realized that there was some tension between the two and looked at Merlin who was looking down. "I'm sorry Arthur but we should get going. I promised to show Merlin here where to find Gaius."

Arthur looked at Gwen and smiled "Well do tell Gaius I said hello. It was nice to meet you Merlin."

Merlin responded by bowing at Arthur. Arthur was curious and began to poke at the bond to see if Merlin would react in anyway even though Merlin appeared to be a man. Merlin? Please respond...

Merlin felt Arthur pushing on the bond and she ignored him turning towards Gwen so she could get to Gaius. The two left Arthur feeling disappointed. 

Merlin sighed in relief as soon as they were out of Arthur's sight prompting Gwen's curiosity. "That was the most awkward conversation that I've been apart of in a while. Care to tell me why?"

Merlin grimaced slightly in response and shook her head. "I don't know." She lied. "Maybe I look like someone he knows?"

"Merlin no offence but you are unlike anyone I've ever seen around the castle." Gwen said calmly.

Merlin chuckles softly as a servant came up to them. "Gwen the Lady Morgana requires your presence at once."

Gwen looked up at Merlin bashfully "I am so sorry but I must go. The physician's chamber's is that way." She pointed down the hall. "If you get lost ask a guard they can point you in the right direction."

"Thank you Gwen." Merlin smiled softly.

Gwen smiled back and rushed down the hall toward's Morgana's chambers.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Arthur was disappointed when he got no reaction out of the boy. 'What was I even thinking that Merlin was a man not a woman. My Merlin is a woman. Wait. My Merlin?'

"Sire?" Leon said approaching Arthur. "Your father ordered me to come get you my lord."

"Of course Leon." Arthur turns and heads to the throne room.

AN: *Cries* I'm so sorry it is so short but I didn't know how to end it or what else to add. Post a response or pm me if you have any ideas for this story. *tips hat* Good day.