"See you soon."

(Merlin is 13 Arthur is 16)

Arthur and Merlin had been talking since that faithful day all those years ago and were now the best of friends even though neither knew what the other looked like.....

Merlin had just finished talking to her mother and was not in the best of moods. She was headed to her room when low and behold Arthur

"Hey Merlin! Guess what?"

"What?"

"I was just crowned Prince of Camelot!"  This statement confused Merlin more than anything else Arthur has ever said to her. Which was a feat considering his education.

"I thought you already were....Prince of Camelot?"

"Yeah I was, but now I'm my fathers official heir!"  Still confused.... OH well....

"That's amazing!

"Yeah I know I am." As Arthur said this he really did have the smug grin on his face that Merlin could hear in his voice.

"Oh Ha Ha."

"You seem kind of down.. Did something happen?"

"Well...."

"Well what?"

"The villagers found out about my magic..."

"Are you alright? Do I need to come get you?"

"No no I'm fine. They were fine with it."

"Then what is wrong?" It was Arthur's turn to be confused.

"This....this will be the last time we talk for a while."

"What!? Why?"  Arthur was terrified that he was going to lose his best friend. That was his worst fear.....

"Even though the village was alright with my magic it's becoming more unstable so my mother told me not to not to use it because other magic users can sense me and it's not safe." Merlin knew that she was rambling but could not bring herself to stop even though there were tears flowing down her face.

"Merlin."

"Yes Arthur?"

"It's alright. Just promise me one thing will you?" Arthur was crying as well as he thought this to Merlin.

"Of course. Anything."

"Come see me in Camelot in a few years will you? I would like to know what my best friend looks like."

"Of course I will. See you soon." 

They both smiled with tears in their eyes for a second. Then, their smiles fell as their magical bond.....was broken.

AN: You can now rage at me for the sad chapter in the comments now. Til next time.