Tomoe x Nanami

YESSS! 😍

Don't even get me started with them. Probably one of my favorite anime couples ever.

I actually have read the Kamisama Kiss manga, and the ending is so bittersweet! 😭❤️ 

Spoiler

Finding out that Nanami is the one that Tomoe actually fell is love with that beautiful. After kako-hen and them actually getting together, they were so cute! They decide to wait to get married (as well as leaving the shrine 😭) until after she graduates and they eventually do.

Tomoe becomes human, so they can like out their lives together. In a way, I was unsatisfied with this and them leaving the shrine. I think I would also have been unsatisfied had he decided to stay the way as is, considering he would live much longer than her.

At the very end, you see them come back to the shrine and welcomed back with Mizuki and the shrine spirits once again. Oh, did I mention they had a lil baby with them?

The ending is left quite open actually. They make it out to seem as though they are back permanently, although Nanami is no longer the land god. Tomoe is no longer a demon fox either, yet they are both able to see and interact with Mizuki and the others.

I would like to think that she becomes a land god again, and she continues the work she did back then. Tomoe would be by her side as a human though, not as her familiar.