Showers

Charlotte's POV

I totally forgot Xavier was in my bed. Well not actually in it, more like on it but still. I tried to look like a princess as I rise from my restful slumber but I just end up snorting, wiping away the spit from the side of my mouth and groaning in the general direction of Xavier.

"Good morning to you too, Charlotte."

"What time is it?"

"8 ish."

I flop back over and bury my face in my pillow and groan a little more. 

"Are you going to get up?"

"Do I have to?"

"No. Just thought you might like something to eat and a shower."

"Mmmm."

"Mmm what?"

"Shower."

"I'll get it running for you. The controls can be kinda confusing. What temperature do you want?"

"You're shower has temperature control. Holy fuck that's fancy."

Xavier slides off the side of the bed chuckling.

"So? What temperature?"

"I don't even know."

"I'll set it how I usually have mine and then you can adjust it. Just got to let the water heat up for a bit though."

Xavier disappears off into the bathroom for a few seconds. When he returns, he sits down at my side of the bed, right next to my face.

"Sleepy head?"

"Agghh."

"Am I that ugly?"

"No. You're not ugly, it's just-"

"If I'm not ugly, than what am I?"

"You got me in a box here."

"Was that a Deadpool reference?"

"Maybe."

His face is partly in the light beams shooting through the window. His smile is wide and comforting. I don't know how a smile is comforting but I mean I don't anything anymore.

"The water should be warm enough now. Does the princess need a hand?"

"No. Certainly not."

I have never in my life left my bed so quickly.

I'm not exactly trying to avoid Xavier but at the same time I am. It should be illegal for me to be left with anyone, let alone a guy, while no one else is around. The filter between my brain and my mouth fails and I laugh at everything. It's horrifying just to think about. I want to apologise to the people I've been left alone with. I'm so sorry.

I drag my lifeless body out of bed and into the bathroom. It's weird stripping off in a strangers house. I remember to double check the lock on the door.

This shower looks more complicated than a bloody NASA control panel. I finally manage to work out how to get it going. Xavier was right. The water is warm. Not warm enough.

Despite my nerve endings that are hyper-sensitive, hot water is just the freaking best. It's like being back in bed. I just stand under the streams, letting the water drip over me.

My hair is knotted and oily. My skin feels dry and cold. I smell like something dead. How did Xavier put up with being near me? I do not regret having a shower one bit.

I dry myself off and wrap the towel around my body. I'm tall so this towel isn't the best. Despite being tucked under my arms, it only reaches to a bit below my butt. Bending over is not an option. Even the slightest breeze is not and option.

My hair is weird. I decided to shave the right side a few years ago. A soon as I did, undercuts became a thing. Instant regret. I'm growing the side out now but it takes forever and has a mind of its own. It has two modes: flat and just been electrocuted. No in between.

I dry my hair as best I can and tie it up in a bun to keep it out of the way. I unlock to door and open it. Xavier is sitting on the end of my bed with an innocent look in his eyes.

"Uhhh. Can I help you?"

"Yeah actually. Since when did we have a sauna in there? I thought I knew about my own house."

"I just like hot, steamy showers."

Xavier's POV

Oh man. Oh man. Oh. Man.

I don't even know where to start. I have never felt like this before. Despite having multiple girlfriends before, this is a whole new feeling. I want her right now.

I cross my leg over my knee and place my hands over my crotch.

"You right there?"

"Couldn't be better."

She's noticed.

"I'll be a gentleman and leave you alone for a bit."

"Go take a cold shower or something."

I can feel the heat rising up my neck. I turn back to see Charlotte giggling and biting her lip.

Oh man.

I leave her alone, shutting the door behind me. I go into my room to clear my mind.

Naked grandma. Naked grandma. Naked grandma.

I try push-ups. I try sit-ups. I try planking. And I try every other thing to clear my mind but she slips right back in there.

There's a gentle knock at my door. I'm a solid 3 minutes into a plank.

"Come in."

I manage to call out between heaving breaths.

"You okay?"

She tilts her head at me.

"Yep. I'm great."

She isn't helping. Not one bit.

"I heard clenching your butt helps."

She gives me a lopsided grin and walks out, shutting the door behind her.

This girl. Is driving me. Crazy. Mental. Psychotic. Insane. But good crazy. And she reads too much. She was right; clenching your butt does help.