Chapter 7 Pt 2

Thank you @jasper2708 for commenting with your opinion, and your comments do spur me on.

Chapter 7 Pt 2

Awkwardness filled the air. I can't handle awkwardness, it is too much for me and my amazing IQ. I looked away from Roe because of some research I had come up on awkwardness. Don't ask me, ask my two-year younger self why she was so bored, then you may get a real answer.

Research on Awkwardness

Avoid eye contact. Eye contact can create a lot of tension and give off an even more awkward surrounding, which you don't want.

Don't make jokes. At times like this the brain usually remembers corny jokes and once a corny joke is told, the other person will laugh a fake laugh and abruptly stop, resulting in more awkwardness.

Stay tuned, for more research on, Awkwardness.

I decided to fall asleep because my brain was going to have a major meltdown if not.

Two hours later...

What in the world?! I still haven't been able to friggin' sleep. This stupid car keeps bumping and I have forever engraved a mark into his car. A bump.

Le bump.

Roe hadn't said anything and the Awkwardness grew.

I faked a series of coughs to gain his attention.

"So, what happened back...?" I didn't have time to finish my question because Roe interrupted,

"Nothing happened and we'll forget it, alright. Now shut the hell up and let me drive."

Shut the hell up and let me drive. Whiney little...

Here Roe, have my cup of care, oh wait, its empty.

I crossed my arms and pouted, trying to gain his sympathy vote.

The only vote I won is stupidest girl next to possible serial killer.

Guess who the serial killer is.

Oh, I should probably hint the serial killer is a male or you may mistake Roe for the stupidest girl.

We finally (finally is a really important word) arrived at the airport. I practically somersaulted down.

The fresh air replaced the awkward air.

"Roe, come on! Our terminal may be taking off to Isere. Then we can hike down to the Corona Caves and realize there is no phoenix and go home." I said, with fake enthusiasm.

He must've thought my enthusiasm was real, because he smiled a real one. Not a cheeky grin. Which is his lady-killing smile.

But he can't kill me because I am not a lady.

I walked past Roe and into the Luis International Airport.

Roe followed behind me.

The glass doors slid open at our presence. I made a big step inside, looking around. Roe led me to the sign in. We didn't have any serious luggage to load off.

Roe dug his hands into his pocket and brought out two tickets. The attendance lady sighed and sashayed away. I don't think she liked us. Or she liked Roe, but she hated me.

Why do people hate me? When they say people will love you for who you are on the inside is a big fat lie. They love you if you are gorgeous or buff.

We went past the sign in area and waited around ten minutes for our flight to be called.

We jogged, no, accelerated towards the desk and some other boring plane thingies happened.

We finally (very important word here) entered the plane.

Roe looked so excited. He looked like he could crap his pants.

I, on the other hand, wanted to sleep the whole stupid ride away.

So, I napped.

All great minds need to rest at some point.

Some unknown amount of time later.

I was soundly asleep, but Roe was shaking me.

So, I snapped. "What do you want?"

Roe obviously didn't like my tone, because he said to me, "Nothing, just had to wake you up. Oh, other than the fact the plane is crashing."

"WHAT?" I practically yelled, and I looked through the window. I saw the world coming at an increasing pace.

I haven't even started the quest and I was already in the death zone.

"Emergency exits, now!" I screeched at Roe, over the panicking of the other people in this deathtrap.

I grabbed his hand and guided both of us past the running people and next to the emergency exits. With one powerful kick, I opened the door.

Yes, I do better under pressure. "What are we going to do?" For once, Roe needed my help.

What a wonderful feeling of disgracing the blooming idiot!

I grabbed his left wrist, and dragged him in front of me.

"Cedar, I can't jump!" He sighed.

"You aren't," He sighed when I said that, but I hadn't finished. "I'm going to push you anyways." I pushed Roe out and I could hear his earsplitting scream.

I was about to jump, but I fell backwards. We were approaching land fast. And the plane was in a total nosedive. I held onto the chairs. Other people who hadn't had my idea had fallen down next to the cockpit.

What happened in the cockpit that we are about to die?
I lunged onto the next chair, and the next.

I grabbed one, but it broke off. There goes my left hand. I kept grunting, as a supply of adrenaline. I had to skip that one, and it wasn't easy. I arched my back and leaped, letting go of the chair completely.

I gripped onto the last chair and pulled myself up. The emergency exit was right up. So I gripped a side, and pulled myself up, again.

Knowing my bad luck, I probably wouldn't land in the water, but actual land. And explode.

With these nice *cough cough* thoughts in my head, I leaped.

The fall was actually quite fun. I screamed the whole way down, my arms flailing above my head.

I tried not to fall on my side, because landing that way would be even deadlier.

Especially in the water.

You know how you belly-flop sometimes after jumping off something? And it hurts like hell?

From the height I jumped, belly-flopping would be a death wish.

But I do have a death wish.

For that Idiota Roe!

I said some very nice profanities against the idiot.

As I was saying my last one, I landed into the ocean.

Can I even swim?
Hopefully, I haven't swam in a while though.

I should've worn the plane lifejackets, silly me.