Chapter Eleven

Chapter Eleven

"So, you understand how us RITTS believe the moon goddess is fake, right? Well, we need some people to help us prove our theory. I see that you are here to erase your part of the mate bond. Well, I have a supply, a finite supply, and can help you accomplish that. On one condition. You must resurrect whom we believe to be the true creator of werewolves, Nymphaea. I have further instructions written down, and the materials you may need. Understood?"

I could skip a boring quest. Yay!
I could start a more exciting, dangerous, quest! Boo.

"I have considered."

"A yes." I finished my statement, and a smile

He nodded, and stood up. The fat drooped, and I mean drooped. Whelp, check that off my list.

He raised his hand, and I shook it, almost immediately, a glow formed around them. My eyes widened in shock, and I pulled. I struggled, but his grip was like iron.

When the glow stopped, I was still pulling, and he let go. I fell back, crashing into the floor.

"What happened?" I asked.

He smiled, showing off his pearly whites: "I sealed the deal. You are bound by promise, and so am I, so here are your ingredients, do my bidding."

He threw everything on the floor, and I scrambled to pick them up.

I unzipped my backpack – shocker, I still have it. – And placed the items inside.

"Don't forget this notebook, it's filled with instructions." He walked down to me, and gave it.

I see you don't need to throw that down.

I yanked the notebook out of his hand, and glared at him.

I placed it in the backpack, and zipped up the items.

"Listen, before me and my friend leave, I would like to request some clean clothes, knives, some time to shower, a watch, some canned foods, and I haven't finished. We would also need some time to replenish our health."

He nodded, "It is done child, and I have mind linked some members to clean the guest bungalow, seeing as you won't be staying with the rest of us, civilized, people."

I growled, and stormed out of his bungalow, the automatic doors opening.

Roe was waiting outside.

"Roe, we are stopping that quest of ours." His smile dropped, a sad one forming.

"But, we are starting a newer one, a more dangerous quest. I have asked sometime for us to heal, and some clothes to wear, because, we stink."

He smiled.

"Come on then, let's wait for somebody to show us the way."

We waited against the bungalow for a few good minutes, and a man scurried by. He had on a straw hat, and some sweatpants. No shirts.

"Follow me, I'll show you towards your temporary bungalow." He grunted, and he turned, walking off into the distance.

I scurried on after him.

"He's a jerk."

I stopped dead.

I didn't say that.

"But I did."

I looked around, but saw nobody. What's happening?
"It's me, Styx."

Who's Styx?

"Your wolf."

I smiled.

This means I'm going to shift soon.

"I want to go back."

Go back where?

"Home, to mate." She whined. My smile disappeared, a frown in its place.

I continued to walk, trying to make up for the lost distance.

I tried to get Styx to shut up, but she wouldn't.

I waved my hand, and I caught Roe's shirt. He stopped walking.

"My wolf won't leave me alone Roe, help me." I begged.

"You kidding me?! Having a wolf is the best –sometimes- just deal with it sweetie."

He knows sweetie turns me on, why the hell did he say it?!

We continued walking.

A small hut came into view.

The man grunted, "You'll be staying here, don't cause any trouble."

He left.

I raced into the hut, but hit the doors with a bang. Guess these aren't sliding doors.

I pulled the handle and entered. It was quite small and cramped. Two camping beds were set up someplace, with fresh clothes on them, and there was a door which probably led to the bathroom.

"I get to shower first," I shouted, and I opened the handle.

I pulled off the shirt I was wearing. A crumpled singlet was all I had underneath. I yawned, hoping my bandages are waterproof.

I removed my pants, and soon enough, I was in the nude. I entered the shower-bath, and pulled the shower curtain. I switched the tap on, and let the warm water flow. It splashed on my body, and I exhaled, rubbing my palms on my face. My hair was drenched, and stuck to my face, but I only thought about the water.

I reached out a felt the water, looking for a bar of soap. I found one, a type called Eden, and I rubbed myself. I switched off the water so I could clean myself.

I switched it on, and washed my body. I came out of the shower, and looked at myself in the mirror.

I am decent enough to myself to be happy to be me.

"Are you sure you want to break the bond with Jared?" Styx suddenly asked me.

I nodded, unsure if I could say anything.

I grasped a spare towel, and wrapped it out of my body. I left the shower room, and Roe wasn't in the sleeping quarters/entrance. He must be in the makeshift kitchen.

I scampered towards the camping beds, and I guessed which one was for me. A simple grey sweatshirts and three-quarter yoga pants.

All bendy, so it made it easier to move – and possibly run.

I put them on, then fell straight onto the bed. I needed to rest. I cuddled up into the blankets and let the aroma of sandwiches put me to sleepy state.

"I'm going to shower Cedar!" Roe yelled.

I grumbled under my breath, I was about to sleep.

I got up, to go grab a plate of sandwiches.

And I did.

I came back to the bed, and ate a bite. I soon slept.