Chapter Fifteen

Chapter Fifteen

I was quite upset after finishing Styx, I breathed in and out, containing my anger.

To calm down, I decided to irritate Matt.

"Are we there yet?"

"Are we there yet?"

"Are we there yet?"

"Are we there yet?"

"Are we there yet?"

"Shut up!" He yelled at me, clenching the steering wheel. Yeesh, someone has anger issues. I sighed. A small family sized house came into view. "Is this our destination?" I asked.

Matt shook his head, "No. This is my destination. We only have 45 minutes until the Alpha Novice."

So we must be changing here.

My head was pounding, Styx was whimpering. Keep it down, will you?

I turned around and woke Roe. He woke up. "We've got to change, Roe."

Roe and I hadn't had a real conversation in a while, so I'll make sure we do so during the next car ride, to the Alpha Novice.

I turned back and opened the car door. Exiting, I slowly made my way away from the car and waited at the front door of the house. Matt parked the Jeep Compass and unlocked the front door.

"The upstairs right bedroom is yours, you'll be using it to change into your server clothes." Matt announced shortly. He also told the direction to Roe's room, but I was already upstairs.

A black and white long sleeved shirt with tuxedo pants were on the bed.  I slipped off the clothes I had been wearing. Pulling the clothes I was previously wearing, I slipped on the tuxedo pants and the shirt.

Honestly, I was quite tired from questing and wondered about my poor-education that I never got to finish.

My dad was probably worried, my beloved mate was fuming, and my life would come to the end at Roe's stupidity and my cowardliness.

Which I did a bad job of hiding.

I laced on my other trainers, and lay on the bed.

At that time, my stomach grumbled. Moaning, I got off of the bed. Great timing, stomach. I had angrily thought to myself.

I was just getting comfy!

Exiting the room, I sauntered downstairs. No one seemed to be here, so I headed for the kitchen. What delicious goodies could Matt have in store for his temporary guests?

Opening the pantry, I saw some cookies, peaches, broccoli and olives.

Naturally, I wanted what was best for my health. My body's repair system, my growth.

So I took the cookies. Don't worry, they were oatmeal and raisin cookies. Matt obviously treated his stomach and his body like a temple.

Oh I'll pray to it alright, when I want a lecture about the importance of nutrition. Been there, done that. Have the memories to prove it.

Chomping on the cookies, I waited patiently for Matt and Roe to come downstairs.

********

The car was driving at high speeds. Styx was complaining and I remembered my vow to communicate with Roe.

Ehem, ladies and gents, this is how you start a conversation.

"Um... Hi Roe?" I smiled sheepishly.

Ehem, ladies and gents, this is how you turn a statement into a question!           

"Hi Cedar, why are you hi-ing me?" He asked confidently, staring out the window.

"I really want to thank you, for doing this for me... for persuading me..." Roe interrupted my really motivational and vote of thanks by immediately saying,

"See, see, I said I love to quest. Plus, we get to skip SCHOOL! Or was it summer, I don't really remember. Not that I remember much as you keep saying. This is how I'm spending my days, I don't know about you."

Well, so much for a conversation. I did not want to disturb Matt who was currently driving the car, so I turned to a very annoying nuisance that will never leave until the day I die.

Time to tame Styx: Step One: Coax the wolf to talk to you.

"Hey Styx. You in there? I'm sorry for what I said earlier. I didn't mean it. I was just so angry, I just... Ungh! I'm starting to think that I was wrong. I was wrong for maltreating you, for maltreating Heather. It is not the only thing I am wrong for... You were right, this is dangerous to me and my survival, we should return to Jared, beg for his forgiveness and for him to take us! Our life will be simple then."

Styx shuddered, beaming an invisible smile in my consciousness. I felt it.

Come on Styx, let your emotions out! And she did. She sent out rays of happiness, and I enclosed them. One emotion down, Styx will never feel happy again unless I let her.

Taking emotions were needed in order to stop Styx, and regain the power myself. Maybe, if I'm able to do that... I can dictate when I shall shift!

I was happy about this, but Styx, she never would be unless I allowed her.

So this is what it felt like to slowly become a dictator unconsciously.

Styx spoke to me in a solemn voice, "Cedar... You were just joking. I can't feel something, something's wrong. Oh Cedar!" She began to unconsciously cry out in vain.

I don't know who's support she is trying to get, it's just me and her from now on.

The drive was approximately 32 minutes long. I was thinking of a plan, when Roe spoke to me, "We need to get that paper in the museum, but we could get into big trouble.."

I was shocked Roe was thinking about getting into trouble, when it was pretty obvious from the beginning.

"We're going to have to steal it Roe. Why didn't you think of the consequences earlier? This is summer vacation, we have an education, and we need to get on with it! Don't be such a coward. You can just walk off and leave, but I won't."

Around this time, the car pulled up into the parking lot of the palace. Roe and I exited,not knowing where to go next.

"Mm... we're waiters so it's normal if we were to... I don't know, head to the kitchen!" I refrained from yelling, but then I realized the problem.

We have no idea where the kitchen is! "Let's just go through the main doors and see what we can find?"

I nodded, and we slowly made our way.

A/N: I edited this chapter because I made a mistake when I forgot one of the characters were already in the car. If you read this chapter before this, then you'll notice the mistake. Michelle Myths