27 ½.

( two hours later )

Nasir.

An hour ago, I heard the sound of wood cracking along with a loud thud followed by another before  the front door to my apartment collapsed onto the carpet, a bloody Earl stumbling in and falling face first while Lonnie walked in front of one large male who had a gun to his head.

Now here I was, laying on the blood stained carpet with my eyes on Suge who sat on the couch across from me with a smile plastered along his face. He was enjoying every moment of my suffering but I wasn't going to admit how much pain I was in, nor was I gonna' show it. That wasn't my style. Instead, I was gonna' make a deal. You know, talk my way out of the situation. It seemed to be the only option aside from death or snitchin' and losin' my street cred. To me, respect was what mattered more than anything and I could tell Suge had that same mentality.

"I know you a business man so let's negotiate", I say.

One of the men lifted his leg, hovering his foot over my rib cage but Suge held up his hand, his eyes remaining on me, "I'm listenin'."

I was sure that Suge had a obsession for women as much as I did, except the difference between me and him was how we approached them. Rhonda was a beautiful woman. Curvy with round perky breasts that had to be at least in the C's and her skin was infused with melanin, hair curly and natural. She was every man's dream, whether the white men in society wanted to admit it or not. Smirking to myself, I then spoke to make my proposal, "See, I got this ex girl, right? She just left me for this singin' ass nigga. You might know him. He's in that male group—Jodeci."

"Go on", he says, leaning forward as a sign of me capturing his attention.

"Well, she's fine, man. Like, fine fine. I was trackin' her down before you came bustin' in here like cops wit' these three dusty ass—", I stated to say and he shot me a look. I sighed, "If you let me off, let's just say you two would become very acquainted."

He chuckled and shook his head, "Nice of you to offer, but I want Kim. Not this irrelevant ass ex of yours."

"She's not irrelevant, though. She's in SWV", Lonnie added before being nudged in the head with a pistol. He fell silent.

Suddenly, it was like something clicked in Suge's mind as he looked over at Lonnie then at me, his expression unreadable, "Wait... You mean Rhonda?"

How the fuck did he know her name—. You know what? At this point I didn't even care, I just knew that however they met and the fact that they even knew each other could possibly be beneficial to me. I nodded my head as he gestured for one of the guys to help me up since my wrists were tied together. My visions wasn't the best at the moment but I tried to focus as much as I could, wobbling from one side to the other periodically—unable to truly stand up on my own.

"Rhonda, huh?", he asked rhetorically as he thought to himself for a moment. "I'll tell you what. You give me Rhonda's address and the name of whoever's been keepin' Kim in hidin' and you got yourself a deal. Otherwise... no name, no deal. No deal...", he trailed off, chuckling shortly after. "Well, that just means I'll show no mercy."

Shit. I must say, it was a hard decision to release information about my cousin but as I've said before, I'm willing to do whatever needs to be done in order to spare my life.

"568 Union Ave in Brooklyn... I don't know much about Kim. I just know she's been with Puffy. You know, the nigga that owns Bad Boy Records...", I said reluctantly as I shrugged my shoulders a bit. I felt bad for my cousin and what was comin' to her but not Rhonda. If I couldn't hurt her directly, I at least wanted to play some type of part in it.  Givin' her to Suge seemed to be a wise choice since it was keepin' me alive for the time bein', and once he founded Kim, I was goin' to be a stress-free man.