04.

RHONDA.

I arrived to Donald's place, sitting in the car for a moment to mentally prepare myself, taking a deep breath before climbing out of the car and shutting the door. Heading up the driveway, I could see that the door was open, furrowing my eyebrows as I walked closer to see what was going on. Hopefully there wasn't another robbery. I could hear music playing from inside of the house along with a few voices from what seemed to be multiple people so once I reached the porch, I rang the doorbell so that my presence would be known. When no one came to the door, I rang the doorbell once again only for it to be ignored once again. Maybe they can't hear it. I shrugged, giving up on being 'respectful' and walking inside, glancing around the foyer as I closed the door behind me, "Hello? Donald?"

"It's gon' be tight! A bunch of women in mini skirts, showin' the bottom of they asses just for me", I could hear Dalvin say over the music. It sounded as if their voices were coming from the kitchen, so I headed there first, hoping that I wouldn't have to do an entire house search just to find them.

Donald chuckled, "Ain't you in a relationship, nigga? I think it's time you stop tryna' get with these groupies and focus on Tionne. She got just as many options as you do."

"How you gon' try to give me advice when you cheated on Rh—", Dalvin started to say but once he saw me walk into the kitchen, his eyes grew wide as he stretched his arms out to his side and leaned back, "Rh-Rhondaaaa! Hey, girl! Wasn't even expectin' you! Whata' surprise!"

I rolled my eyes, smiling over at him before shifting my gaze over to Donald who was looking at me with confusion, no longer leaning against the counter, "Hey, D."

"Hey...Rhonda. Uh, I didn't hear you come in. What's up?", he replied hesitantly, slowly heading over to me with his hands shoved into his front pockets.

It threw me off, seeing only two of them in here. From outside, it sounded as if there were more but then again, both of them were pretty loud when they were around each other. I shrugged my shoulders a bit, offering a small grin, "Well, I didn't come here to slap you if that's what you're asking." He chuckled, relaxing a little as he nodded his head, flashing his boyish smile. "I actually came by to see how you were doing, you know? I never really took the time to ask because I was angry at you and I know that's...pretty selfish but it was hard to look at you. Or even be around you. It still is, if you want me to be honest with you but I'm willing to put that aside and just...be a friend. I feel like you really need one. Especially right now."

"I do...", he said, trailing off as he chewed at his bottom lip, glancing down at his shoes.

Dalvin cleared his throat, awkwardly looking at us before gesturing toward the living room, "I'ma just go play PlayStation while y'all..." He pointed toward us with his index finger, twirling it in a circular motion, "Do whatever this is."

"Good idea, ugly", Donald added, waving him off once he removed his hands from his front pockets and Dalvin flipped him off, turning to walk out of the kitchen, leaving me and Donald staring at each other in silence. "You want anything to eat? I can't cook but I got some twinkies and stuff", he began to say as he moved around the island to go to the cabinets, reaching up to open one that was full of junk food.

I shook my head, laughing slightly, "Uh... no thanks. I have a taste for real food. I'll just wait."

"This is real food. It's edible, ain't it?", he said, grabbing a bag of chips and pulling it open before shoving a few into his mouth and letting out a groan as his eyes briefly rolled back. "So damn good. You missin' out but oh well. I ain't offerin' again", he said in between chews.