Chapter-7

Skylar's 

It was 3 in the afternoon and I haven't seen him all week. Today was Saturday. I decided to surprise him and go to his house. I go next door and I knock on the door. Mrs. North answers.

"Hi Sky." She replies.

I smile. "Is Kaiden here?" I ask.

"Yeah. He's in his room with Riley."

I've heard of Riley before. She was Kaiden's best friend back when he used to live in Arkansas. His mom lets me in and I go up the stairs. I open up the door and I froze with what I saw. I choked out a sob. Riley and Kaiden were kissing. After I let out a sob, Kaiden pushed her away, running towards me. When he reached me, I was to shocked to move.

"Babe, she kissed me, I swear."

I forced myself to move and the first thing I did was slap him across the face my hardest. Kaiden's face moved the direction of my hand. Tears started to stream down his face. I didn't even bother to do anything to Riley. I look to him, forcing myself to talk. "Oh, sorry to interrupt." With that I ran down the stairs and out the door with Kaiden right behind me.

I ran until I couldn't anymore. When I thought I lost Kaiden, I sat down on the ground and sobbed. I heard footsteps walk over to me. I knew who it was.

"Leave me alone, Kaiden." I say to him, wiping my face.

"Please, believe me. The only reason I didn't move was because I was too shocked to. I didn't feel anything when I kissed her, I feel sparks and butterflies when I look at you. It meant nothing to me. I love you."

I stand up facing him. I was no longer sad but furious. "You know, you've been telling me that all this time. I literally thought that my life was a fairytale when I first met you. I know I was wrong." I run, not stopping even though I felt I was going to die. I ran all the way home, ran inside and fell on the bed, crying my heart out. He didn't chase me this time. I knew it was too good to be true. I knew I shouldn't have believed him.

Kaiden's POV

I stood there, watching the girl I truly loved run away. I broke her heart. I'm a monster. I feel wetness slide down my face. I ignored it. It must  have been raining. The place where she slapped me stung but I didn't even feel it. I can't let her go but all I could do was wait. The wetness came again. I felt my face, wincing as I touched it. Tears. I was crying. I've never cried before. Not even as a baby. Now I am. More tears stream down my face.

I made the worlds largest mistake. I lost the girl I loved and she won't come back.

 */*/*/*/*/*/*/*/*/*/

It's been three weeks since Skylar and I broke up. We didn't officially but we supposedly did. We were all they talked about during school. Well. that's what Ari says. I haven't been to school for the past three weeks. Not that I say anything back. Since our breakup, all I've been doing is crying, not sleeping, and not eating. I realized how sensitive I've become. A knock on the door knocked me out of my own thoughts. "Go Away!" I yelled, wiping my face.

"Hey, it's me." Arianna says. "Are you going to let me in?" She asks.

"No! Go away!" I yell again. Arianna sighs and after I hear her footsteps fade, I bury my head back into the pillow. I turned the radio on so no one would hear me cry. A song came on, catching my attention. I listened to the lyrics.

You only need the light when it's burning low, 

only miss the sun when it starts to snow 

only know you love her when you let her go 

Only know you're high when you're feeling low. 

Only hate the road when you're missing home, 

Only know you love her when you let her go. 

And you've let her go.

Right then and there, I realized that I never knew if I truly loved Skylar. I only kept saying it over and over to reassure her and myself. I realize that it took me to mess everything up to realize that I truly did. I never knew I loved her until I let her go. I let her go. I let Skylar go. Why didn't I chase after her? Life isn't worth living without her. It just isn't.