Chapter 12- Are You Mad?

Peter’s POV:

I placed tiny kisses all around Crystal’s face as we sat by the water. She wiggled as close to me as she could, shivers covering her entire body. I wrapped my arms around her and frowned.

“I’m sorry this had to happen, Crystal. You’ve got no idea how angry I am at Rumple… I swear, sometimes I just want to rip his head off and feed it to the mermaids I just-” I could feel my heart beating faster and my face flushing with heat.

“Peter!” Crystal practically flew out of my arms and now sat inches away from me. Her eyes were filled with tears as she stared at me in horror. I cocked my head and reached a hand out, making her flinch back.

“D-don’t come near me…” Crystal stuttered. I stood up and zoomed past her and kneeled by the water, staring at my reflection. My eyes were red again. Placing my face in my hands I let my tears fall. What had become of me?

Delicate arms sneaked underneath mine and wrapped around my waist from behind. Crystal pulled me gently back, allowing my head to rest on her chest and she held me close as I cried. She ran her small hand through my hair and hummed a tune.

“I’m sorry; I shouldn’t have jumped like that.” She whispered.

“I shouldn’t have gotten angry, love… that’s what makes the poison spread quicker. Are my eyes still red?” I asked attentively, pulling back and looking into her eyes. Crystal smiled weakly and shook her head.

“Aside from the red around your eyes from crying, no.” She leaned forward and kissed a falling tear from my face. A rustle came from the bushes as Felix appeared.

“May I have a word with Pan alone, Crystal?” He asked gently. Crystal nodded slowly and pecked me on the lips before she walked off back to the tent.

Felix sighed and came to sit beside me. A look in his eyes told me something wasn’t right.

“Crystal’s poisoned, isn’t she?” He asked sharply. I nodded and stood up, Felix taking suit.

“Yes, she is, but she’s strong and she’s going to overcome this.”

“It’s from the Dark One! She won’t survive, and she has the right to know!”

“She knows,” I glared at him, “She knows already. It’s just my poison is taking over me more now than before, and I don’t have much time left before it completely succumbs to my system.” I sighed.

“Look, we’ve got to do something!” Felix protested, “You’re Peter Pan! The King of Neverland! You’re so much more powerful than Rumplestiltskin is!”

“To an extent,” I huffed, “I may be Peter Pan but he’s the Dark One! What am I to do?!”

“Your story can’t end like this! You and Crystal have true love! That’s not something that just dies! Can’t you use your love for magic just like you did when she saved Neverland?!” I thought for a moment to myself.

“We can’t use the kiss… that only works if one of us is dead. Dying for one another would break it, or sacrificing a mutual friend.” Felix looked up and stared into my eyes. He was about to suggest himself when I held my hand up in protest.

“No!” I practically screamed, “No way are you giving yourself up for us. There’s other ways. Although there are alternatives, we can’t take them. One of us will end up getting hurt or killed.”

“Peter?” A voice came from behind us. I turned around to see one of the older lost boys, Aiden, standing there.

“What is it laddie?” I asked.