Chapter 5- Promise Me

Felix’s POV:

The sound of Peter’s scream of the binding of his shadow was driving poor Crystal and me crazy. I held her close as she covered her ears and sobbed the hardest I think I’ve ever seen her. I leaned down and pressed my lips to her hair.

“FELIX,” she screamed as she buried her face in my chest, “MAKE IT STOP! PLEASE DEAR GOD MAKE IT STOP!” Tears overflowed from my eyes as I held her to my chest. She was shaking with every inch of her life.

“Sh, shhhh…” I hushed her in her ear, “Just wait a few more moments, it’ll be okay!” Although, I wasn’t exactly sure of that myself. The affects wouldn’t hurt Peter until three days later. She’d still have time to be with him.

“W-what did Peter tell you before I entered the tent?” Crystal whispered. I sighed.

“To hold you close when you needed him… since he might hurt you, and to be with you when he’s gone.” Crystal looked up into my eyes.

“I’m sorry, what? Be with me?” I nodded slowly.

“As in…be my boyfriend when Peter’s gone?” I looked in the direction of the tent and shuddered from the chill of the wind. Crystal sat down on a rock and wrapped her fragile arms around herself.

“Crystal?” I whispered. She said nothing, she just sat there. I became nervous. I gently tried to rest my hand on her shoulder, but she jumped up and ran in the direction of the tent.

*************

Peter’s POV:

Words can’t explain how much pain was ringing through my body as I lay on my bed. This hurt more than when my shadow was ripped from my body. I now had three days to the minute until the poison would begin to administer itself.

The sound of feet were getting closer and closer as the pain sort of began to subside. Within seconds, Crystal was by my side.

“PETER!” She cried as she clasped my hand and gave it kisses. I opened my eyes and twisted my head to see her. I smiled.

“Y-you came back…” I whispered weakly. Crystal smiled through tears and nodded. She leaned over and pressed a gentle hand to my face. I smiled as best I could and breathed slowly. Crystal hovered over my face and sweetly gave me a kiss.

“I love you.” She whispered against my lips.

“I love you too. That will never change.” A slight tear slid down the side of my face as I looked into her beautiful eyes. I didn’t want the poison to start taking control, but I had no choice. The worst part was that I would have to leave my baby girl behind… with my best friend.

“By the way,” she murmured, “Why do you want me to be Felix’s girlfriend once you’re…gone…” she choked on the last word and starting crying. I frowned and ran my fingers gently over her lips before craning my neck up and pressing my lips to hers.

Crystal pulled back after a bit and crawled over to my side and snuggled in just like she did before my shadow returned. I wiggled down so I could cuddle with her; looking down I met with the eyes of the girl I love.

“I don’t want you being alone, Crystal… I want you to be with someone who cares for you just like I do. Felix will take care of you and love you just like he does now and-”

“No! Peter, no! I love you, and only you! Felix is like a brother to me, but that’s all! I don’t want to be with him.” She said through tears as she wrapped her arms around me and squeezed me close. I wrapped my arms around her and sighed.

“Look, I know you don’t want too, but even if you don’t want to be with him. I just want you to be loved by someone, and Felix-”

“Felix nothing. I love YOU! I will allow myself to still be sisterly with him, but nothing else. Please accept that.” Her words ran through me like spears. I understood what she meant, I just wanted her to be happy. I could only nod and accept her wish.

“Just promise me something, love,” I kissed her forehead and cupped her face, “Please, don’t try and stop Rumple from controlling my body. You’ll get hurt or killed in result… he’s more powerful than you know!”

Crystal said nothing. I raised an eyebrow and gripped her arm tightly, changing into a serious tone.

“Crystal, DON’T go against Rumple! Promise me!”

“But-” She muttered.

“NO,” I yelled, making her flinch, “Please, promise me…now!” Crystal sighed and looked away to think for a moment. I wish I knew what she was thinking.

*****

Crystal’s POV:

I have to save Peter somehow… I thought to myself. Peter placed his hand on my cheek and turned my head to face him. I sucked in a quick breath and lied through my teeth.

“I promise, Peter.” Peter breathed a sigh of relief and rested his forehead against mine. I smiled and giggled as he peppered kisses all over my face. There was never a moment when I didn’t enjoy being like this with Peter.

I didn’t even notice when a small tear began running down my face. Peter’s eyes widened a little and he leaned in and cupped my face with a worried look.

“What’s wrong, sweetheart?” I shrugged and blushed.

“I-I just don’t want to lose y-you!” My body started shaking and I clutched Peter’s jacket as I buried my face into his chest. His arms wrapped around my body and held me tight.

“You’ll never lose m-me… I’ll always love y-you.” I nodded and pulled him closer to me. Peter gently pulled back and smiled sadly. He leaned in and molded his lips to mine as we laid there for what could be one of the last intimate moments we would ever spend together.

I will save Peter. No matter what it takes, and no matter who gets hurt.