Chapter 17- Ariel

I'm sorry this chapter is short and I am so incredibly sorry for not updating!!! :( 

**********************************

Peter’s POV:

“Pan?” Baelfire asked me as we walked away from the camp. I turned and looked at him, making Bae inch back at the sight of my glowing eyes. “What is it?” I asked him calmly. Baelfire was about 15 now I’d say considering he went back to his village and aged a little but then came back, so it wasn’t as if he was a child anymore.

“I was wondering why you chose me to come with you.” I huffed and looked him square in the eyes, “Because aside from Felix who is no longer with us, you’re the only one I feel I can trust. Crystal helped you that one night, which in your favor, makes you special.” He just nodded as I turned on my heels and we walked out to the beach.

Wandering down the beach we soon reached the Mermaid Lagoon, and I called out to the sirens for them to come near shore. As beautiful creatures as they were, they were entirely deadly. I found it amusing how each and every one of them were head over heels for me. “Listen,” I spoke low as I leaned down to them, “I need you to help keep Baelfire safe.” The ladies nodded and one of them spoke up.

“What about Crystal?” She asked. My heart pinched itself at the sound of someone else saying her name. “Who are you, siren?” I asked her. The mermaid piped up, “Ariel.” I nodded. “Ariel, are you able to travel between realms?” Ariel smiled and nodded back. “I am. Why, did you want me to go somewhere for you?”

“Mhm. I need you to swim to Wonderland and retrieve me my love back.” Ariel gave me an odd look as I asked. “Problem?” She shrugged, “Well, it’s just… you’re not exactly perfect prince charming material for her right now. I’m afraid you’ll hurt her!” I shook my head and pulled Ariel’s hair, “NO! I will NEVER hurt her! Now go! NOW!” Ariel did as she was told and swam off, the other mermaids following behind her.

“Now, Baelfire, you’re going to be my new second in command.”

********************

Crystal’s POV:

I woke up in Felix’s arms; apparently I had fallen asleep with my head laying on his chest. I looked up to see him fast asleep as well. Disgusted with myself allowing him to be all clingy, I wiggled out of his grasp and took a little walk down the candied path, soon finding an ocean with the bluest colors I had ever seen.

A random wave kept getting closer and closer to me as I stood there. Sharks? I questioned myself. No, those sorts of things weren’t possible in this land! A mermaid soon appeared out of the water and smiled.

“I found you!” She exclaimed with a big smile. I raised an eyebrow and kneeled down near the water. “Um, sorry?” The mermaid laughed and rested her head on her elbows, “My name is Ariel, oh Queen of Neverland. Peter sent me here to come get you and bring you back to him!” I shook my head in disbelief, “I thought Peter had turned into a monster!” Ariel sighed and nodded.

“He has… with you and Felix gone, he’s a completely new King than what we had before. Now he has a boy named Baelfire as his second in command.” I remembered back to when I took care of Bae that one night as he cried from a nightmare.

“Why does he want me back when he’s so ill with the poison in his body?” I asked. “He needs you, Crystal. We all need you! You have to leave Wonderland and come back to Neverland. Please… we can’t do this without you!”

“What am I supposed to do, Ariel? Peter has gone rogue! There’s no possible way to change him back. Felix, well, he’s getting so oddly close it’s quite dissatisfying. Creepy almost… I just, I need to know what to do. The only plans I have is what to do when he comes here, the deal that Rumple and the Queen of Hearts made.”

Ariel sighed and grabbed my hands gently, “No, Crystal. You can save him! Only you can! Your hearts are still one! Felix may said that he’s gotten your ‘true loves kiss’ but no, he hasn’t gotten anything! All he has is you in physical form. Peter still is yours, and you his. Come back!”

“I fear of what will happen if I leave, Ariel. The dreamshade can’t affect me here! I just need some time to think… come back within a day and see how this all goes. I’ll be back tomorrow night around 10.” Ariel gave me a sad frown.

“Don’t you love Peter, though?” I nodded. “With all my heart. My entire heart belongs to his. I love him so much, and I really want him back! I just wish I knew a way how to do that without anyone else getting hurt.” Ariel nodded. “I understand. Should my love, Prince Eric, had gotten hurt I would’ve died I’m sure. Thank the stars he’s okay!”

I looked over at Felix who was still fast asleep.  In my heart I knew my decision, so I turned back to Ariel and nodded. “Please Ariel, come back tomorrow! I will be here. If I’m not, something bad has happened to me. I will give you your answer either way!” Ariel smiled and nodded. “Of course!” Turning, I began to walk off before quickly zipping around back to her.

“Could, um, could you give Peter a message?” Ariel became a little nervous, but listened. “May you please tell him that I love and miss him?” I blushed, pleading her to tell him. “I promise it shall be the first thing I’ll do! I will see you here tomorrow night at 10. If you are not here, I will bring Pan to Wonderland.” Shuddering a little at what he might do, I smiled and thanked her sending her back to Neverland.

A small yawn from Felix popped me from my thoughts and I turned to see him stretching out on the grass. “Hmmm… who was that?” He mumbled, tiredly standing up. I shrugged in a lie and smirked, “A mermaid from Neverland.” Felix jolted up and ran over, gripping my arms.

“A SIREN?! WHO?” Fear struck me as he gripped me tightly. “H-her name’s A-Ariel… Peter sent her!” Felix became enraged and he walked off. I ran up around him and held my arms up, halting him in the middle of his strut. “What? Is something wrong here?!” I yelled up at him. Felix shook his head.

“Foolish girl… so in love! For a moment I thought you and I might have had something here! I traveled through a portal just to come here to be with you and all I know is that you want to go back to Neverland!” I scoffed and folded my arms, “WHO said I wanted to go back?! The love of my life is a demon at this point in time, and I am directed to kill him with a bloody kiss of death! DO YOU KNOW HOW DIFFICULT THAT IS WHEN A KISS WAS WHAT BROUGHT US TOGETHER?!”

“How can you even say that now? I kissed you and now you have my kiss!” I laughed and pointed to where Peter’s kiss still lingered on the corner of my mouth. “No, you don’t. You’re not my true love Felix no matter what you may be thinking. I love Peter, not you. I’m sorry that you’re sore about it but this is what’s going to happen!”

“SO BE IT! LEAVE ME!” Felix yelled, making tears well up in my eyes, “YOU’RE A PRETTY FACE AND YOU DON’T MEAN ANYTHING FOR ME! I MAY AS WELL JUST HAND YOU OVER TO MY MOTHER THE QUEEN AND WATCH HER CHOP YOUR HEAD OFF!” I couldn’t say anything. I just blinked and breathed as I listened to his hateful, spiting words.

“Oh…” I whispered, looking at him. His face changed from hate to worry in a split second as he just realized what he said. “Crystal I’m… I’m so sorry… I didn’t realize what I was saying and…” I just shook my head. “You’re turning into him. You don’t care about me whatsoever and you wouldn’t even give one crap whether or not I was in danger.” A tear slipped from my eye and I turned, looking back onto the water.

If only Ariel had stayed, realizing what I have to be stuck with for the next 24 hours, I wish I had said that I would’ve gone with her in a heartbeat.