Chapter 2- The Deal

Peter’s POV:

In less than two hours, I woke up. Crystal lay comfortably in my arms as she slept, wiggling every now and then. I looked out of the flap of the tent and sighed, wanting to go and confront Felix.

I moved slowly, trying not to wake up my sleeping lost girl when she clutched my shirt in her sleep. Caught in an awkward position, I decided to just lie back down. Her limp body snuggled back into mine.

A low mumble came from her lips. I leaned my head down to hear what she was saying.

“Peter…” She mumbled. I smiled to myself. Sweetheart… dreaming of me. I leaned down and ever so gently pressed my lips to hers. Luckily, she didn’t wake up. Crystal just snuggled into me more.

I rested my head on hers and closed my eyes, letting sleep take over me again. Felix was going to have to wait until morning to listen…

And he would listen, even if I had to make him.

Crystal’s POV:

I woke up with my face smushed into Peter’s chest. I giggled to myself, waking him up.

“Hm,” He muttered looking down, “What is it?” I looked up and smiled.

“My face was being squished by your chest.”

“My chest was being squished by your FACE!” He laughed, squeezing me tightly. I wiggled myself up and pressed my lips to his. He smiled through the kiss.

“I’ve gotta go talk to Felix before you go hunting, okay love? Just stay here and I’ll send Felix for you.” Peter said almost sternly. I just nodded in agreement. Trusting Peter’s judgement was something I had learned was important.

“Promise me you’ll stay here…” He said, looking into my eyes. I nodded again.

“I promise.” I replied quietly. Peter pressed his lips to mine and pulled back, placing a hand on my cheek.

“That’s my girl.” He mumbled against my lips. Peter gave me a quick kiss on the forehead before he got up and left the tent.

*****

Felix’s POV:

I was getting ready for Crystal’s and my daily hunting session. In the middle of cleaning my bow, I heard footsteps marching behind me. A hand slapped on my shoulder and spun me around.

Peter’s eyes were practically fuming red.

“How…dare you…” He snapped. I tilted my head in wonder before I understood what he was talking about.

“Look, Pan-” I started before he cut me off.

“NO! LISTEN TO ME, FELIX! IF CRYSTAL EVER FOUND OUT ABOUT THE DEAL I MADE WITH RUMPLE SHE’D BE FREAKED! SHE WOULD NEVER WANT TO COME NEAR ME AGAIN!”

“IT SEEMS IT’S ALREADY STARTING TO WORK ON YOU, PAN!”

“YOU TOLD THE BOYS ABOUT THE DEAL! IF THEY EVER, EVER TOLD CRYSTAL… I SWEAR THERE’D BE DAMAGE!”

“AND CRYSTAL WOULD NEVER FORGIVE YOU!” Peter turned his head away from me and sighed in anger.

Nobody was supposed to know about the deal. I knew I had made a mistake by telling the boys, but if there was one thing that we didn’t do, we didn’t tell anyone anything. Crystal was going to be the ‘anyone’ in this situation.

“Felix,” Peter turned back, “You… DO know what the deal was, yes?” I nodded.

“Then you do know that at one point… I’m going to have to leave. Otherwise Crystal will get hurt.” I nodded again.

“Can you just, I don’t know, run the deal by me once more?” Peter sighed.

“Rumple paid me a final visit before he actually left Neverland. He offered me a deal… if I didn’t accept; Crystal would be killed by him. I had no choice but to accept. The deal was that Rumple would keep Crystal alive and safe if I let my shadow return to my body… the only issue is that my shadow is going to slowly return back to its original form it was at when I first found it.”

“Completely evil… which will make you turn evil… why did he want his shadow to return to you?” I asked.

“To control me. That’s all he ever wanted. I won’t turn evil immediately, it will take some time… but when it happens, I’ll be more of a demon than I am.”

“You’re not a demon, Pan. How are you going to tell Crystal? She’ll feel like it’s her fault considering that Rumple will be ruining your life just because of her.” Peter shrugged and ran a hand through his hair.

“I have no idea, Felix… I wish I knew what to do. Rumple also said that magic would stay in Neverland if I took the deal, so I’m saving you boys as well. The shadow will return to me tonight. If Crystal sees it, she’ll become suspicious.”

I looked to the ground in wonder. With every bone in my body, I hated lying to her. Especially about Peter.

“Then I’ll keep her out longer than half an hour… that will give the shadow time to return to your body.” Peter nodded and rested a hand on my shoulder.

“Thanks, Felix.” I placed a hand on his shoulder and nodded back.

“Anytime. Remember, I’ve always been loyal to you ever since you saved me from my mortal home. I swear to protect your lost girl with every inch of my life.”

“The effects of the shadow won’t start right away, but when they do, you need to keep Crystal safe. I’ll tell her when the time is right… or just wait until she figures it out herself. There’s one other downside to this whole menagerie…”

“What is that?” I narrowed my eyebrows.

“Once the shadow has fully taken effect on me, Rumple will use me as his weapon…and…” Peter got quiet as tears glistened in his eyes.

“And?” I asked.

“I’ll leave Neverland forever, and I’ll never see her again.”