|ONE|

~

~

"Honey! Clay's here!" Alexis' mom yelled outside her bedroom door, causing Alexis to scramble around her room trying to find something to wear for the day since her alarm didn't wake her up when it was supposed to.

"Hang on!" She yelled back, scrambling to put on her plain black skinny jeans, a oversized hoodie, and her black converse. She grabbed her backpack and ran down the stairs, grabbing a pop tart and walking out the door with Clay.

"No bike today?" She asked Clay as she saw no bike in sight.

"Yeah, the tires were flat and I didn't want to walk to Tony's this morning." He answered plainly. "So we'll have to use our feet today and walk." He laughed.

Clay was Alexis' best friend. She doesn't know what she would do without Clay. He was her everything, ever since they were little they hung out constantly, and luckily they never drifted apart like most childhood friends drift into the transition to high school, they completely stuck together.

"So that dance is coming up, thinking about taking anyone?" Alexis asked, hitting him on his shoulder. Alexis knew he had a crush on someone, she could tell by the way he acted in the hallways. But of course there were always so many different girls around, she couldn't tell who he was acting different around. She wanted to know but this was something he didn't talk about to her. One of the only things he didn't tell her, and it was killing her.

"Yeah right. Me, Clay Jensen asking a girl to a dance?" He laughed at himself. "How about you Alexis Lane? Anyone you want to ask?"

"Nope."

Sadly, she thought. She was sick of being lonely. She wanted someone to go on dates with, she wanted someone that loved her and didn't care when she put her hair in a messy bun. She wanted someone to call hers. But she wouldn't find that. She didn't think she would at least.

When they got to school, they went to different hallways because their lockers obviously were in different hallways.

Alexis' first class was gym, which she completely dreaded, so she never really got ready for school until after gym.

"Hey Lexi." Cheri, a girl on the cheer squad said as she walked into the locker room.

"Hey."

Lexi got dressed in the short shorts and the nasty shirt they provided and went out into the gym and waited to completely humiliate herself in front of everyone.

Class started and coach said they were going to be having an easy day and just play dodgeball. She mentally kicked herself and wished she would've stayed home sick.