Chapter 2

Jordyn's POV

(Monday)

It was my first day so I got up really early. School started at 8:30, so I got up at 7. I showered then dried my hair. I wore blue skinny jeans and put on a red crop top type shirt with a white long sleeved button up sweater/cardigan that I left opened and straighted my hair. I finished my makeup and grabbed my backpack. I headed downstairs to see Garret sitting at the table eating waffles. I just took a granola bar.

We headed to the bus stop where Allie, Sadie, Hayes, and his brother, and some other kids were. Hayes looked at me multiple times. Allie came and stood by me. I soon heard the bus pull up and we all got on and I sat with her. She looked at my schedule.

"We have 3rd and 7th hour together." She said smiling.

"Cool." I replied.

The bus finally arrived at school and everyone got off. I got alot of stares! Allie walked me to my locker and then showed me where her locker was not too far from mine. She then introduced me to her friends. There were three. Mackenzie, who was shortish and had blonde hair with blue eyes, then Lexi, who had long brown hair like mine but she had brown eyes, and last was Amanda. She had redish hair and green eyes. She was really pretty. I also had first hour with her.

She showed me where the classroom was.

"This is Mrs. Johnson's science class." said Amanda.

I looked around at all the posters and signs on the walls.

Mrs. Johnson was really nice. She told me where I sat and I set my binder there like everyone else. I turned around and saw Amanda waiting for me. Soon enough, Hayes walked in. He sat his stuff down right next to mine. Amanda and I walked out of the room and then caught up with Mackenzie, Lexi, and Allie. I heard the warning bell ring and we all went to class.

"Class, this is Jordyn Fields. She is new to our school and I hope we all treat her with respect." Mrs. Johnson said.

Hayes looked at me, smiled, and waived. I smiled back and waived. We went through the rest of the day and nothing exciting happened except when I was going through the lunch line with Lexi, Hayes was right in front of me.

"You're name is Jordyn, right?" Hayes said.

"Yeah, and your name is..." I was waiting for an answer.

"Hayes. Did you just move 2 houses down from me?" He asked.

"I think so. Do you have a basketball hoop in your driveway? I said trying to make conversation.

"Yeah, yeah. That's my house.... Anyways, do you want to hangout sometime? Like tonight or tomorrow?" he seemed nervous asking me that.

"Sure. We can hang tonight if you want." I said.

"Cool. I will text you when to come over." He said.

"Hayes, I think you need my number first." I giggled.

"Oh, yeah right," he laughed, "what is it?"

"It's 709-576-3828"(Not a real number) I said as he wrote it down.

"Thanks." He said while he payed for his lunch and went to sit down.

I payed with Lexi and we both went to sit at a table with Allie, Kenzie, and Amanda.

"Guys, guess who was talking to Jordyn in the lunch line?" Lexi said.

"Who?" Multiple voices carried.

"Hayes Grier." Said Lexi was more excited than I was.

"Really?" said Allie.

"Yeah. He basically asked for my number and wanted to hang out tonight." I said.

They were screaming and freaking out. I started laughing so much.

"Do you know what this means? You're the new 'it' girl of the 7th grade!" Kenzie Screamed.

"What do you mean, new?" I asked.

"Well Hailey Gleason was the old 'it' girl until she moved. She was also dating Hayes." Amanda said.

My face turned kind of bummed.

"Oh, well. I will make you guys popular than." I said. They looked really happy.

"So who do you guys like?" I asked.

"Hold on! Before anybody says anything, let me guess." Lexi said.

"Okay, Allie, you like Trevor." Allie shook her head up and down. "Yes! 1 down 2 more to go... Alright, and Amanda likes Jason." Amanda said yes to Lexi's guess. "Man, i'm good!" She joked. "And last, but not least, Kenzie, you like Bryan." Mackenzie shook her head no. She wouldn't tell us who she liked either.

I whispered in Lexi's ear, "I'll figure it out." She fist bumped me and then we laughed a little. Lexi was in my hour right before lunch so, we walked to lunch together and stood in line. She also looked so much like me we could be twins.