New Everything

Jordyn's POV

It was September 19th, and it was moving day. I will go from palm trees and beaches, to whatever North Carolina is. I am definetly going to miss California but mainley LA, where I live, or used to live anyway. The worst part is that i'm going to leave my boyfriend, Sean. I mean its not like we were in a very comitted relationship or anything, but we just started ours. I had been waiting for him to ask me out all year last year. Now when he does, at the begining of 7th grade, I have to move. Ugh!

*Present day* (Saturday)

We had just boarded the plane when the pilot announces that the trip will take approximatly 4 hours and 40 minutes.

"Great. Enough time to take a nap." I said leaning on my dads shoulder. But instead of a nap, I just layed there thinking,

What if no one likes me at my new school? What am I going to wear on my first day?

Being its always hot in Cali, all I really have is shorts and tank tops. I hope its not cold in North Carolina.

I soon found myself drifting off. I woke up to a flight attendent saying we will be landing in 10 minutes.

Did I really sleep that long? Wow!

I gathered my stuff just as we landed. I looked out my Dad's window to see a bunch of mountains and trees everywhere. It also looked like it had just rained and no sun was shining. We all exited the plane and went into the airport. We then rented a car and drove up to Mooresville, where my new house was. I immediately took notice to a guy around my age playing basketball outside his house with another kid who looked like he would be my about my brother, Garret's age; 16. Oh and by the way I'm 13.

My dad pulled into a driveway two houses down from that kids' house. I got out and grabbed my bags from the trunk. Both boys looked at me. I looked over and waived with a little smile. They smiled and waived back. I was right, they were cute. I rolled my suitcase into the empty house. My mom pointed out which bedroom I could take upstairs. I chose the one with my own bathroom and a giant window. Garret came upstairs and stuck his head in my room.

"I see you've already picked your room."

"Yeah, I have." I said back.

He walked down the hallway into his room and I followed.

"This bedroom is big." I said in aw.

"Yeah, but you have your own bathroom, I have to share with the guest bedroom." he replied.

I ran back into my room to look out the window. I heard and saw the giant moving trucks. I ran down the stairs and headed out the door. Here comes the unpacking...