Chapter 3 - The Party

On the right a picture of Jeremy...sorry I picture him like Taylor Lautner. Since the story started storming in my mind, it was him all the time. The song (the  is I knew I loved you of Savage Garden.   I know its a little old, but is one of my all time favorites.  Enjoy.      

*****************************************************************************

“Jeremy is looking at you!” Kelly told me while grabbing my arm.

“Ouch! That hurts!” I said touching my arm. 

“Don’t look back, but he is walking toward us.” My eyes widened and I started to get nervous. 

“Dance with me?” Jeremy asks me taking my hand.

“Yes, of course.”

Kelly looked at us clapping like an idiot.  Great friend, could she be more obvious? I know she is happy for me, but please.

Jeremy and I start to dance a slow song.  He puts his hands around my waist and I let mine rest on his shoulders.

“Happy birthday Gabriella.” he whispered in my ear. 

“Thanks” was the only word that comes out of my mouth. Without moving his mouth from my ear, he continued “you are so pretty…I like you.” That was the moment where my heart stopped.

My eyes traveled directly to his eyes.  They were sparkling, waiting for an answer. 

“I like you too” was my answer and I felt my cheeks turning red. 

Jeremy pulled me close to him, brushing his lips with mine, I just closed my eyes and he kissed me.  My first kiss!

We looked into each other eyes.  A beautiful smile appeared on his face. I know I did the same. 

“We’ve known each other since seventh grade.  I find you beautiful, smart, friendly and I really like you…a lot.  Would you like to be my girlfriend?”

That’s when I stopped breathing.  My heart started to pound so fast that I thought he could hear it.  I almost jumped up in sheer happiness.

“Yes, I’ll be your girlfriend.” He just moved his lips to mine and kissed me again.

We stayed like that for the rest of the song.  When it finished, we walked to the kitchen where Kelly was clapping again, but this time she was also jumping. What am I going to do with her?

After telling her the whole story three times, she left us and danced with some of the boys.  I caught her flirting with Eric.  He plays basketball too, and he is a player.  I don’t worry for her, because he doesn’t want a relationship with anyone.  She likes to be single and have fun.

A few hours later, everybody started leaving.  Kelly, Eric and Jeremy stayed helping me clean.  We were almost done when Dad and Amanda came home.

“How was the party?” Dad asked with a huge grin on his face when he saw Jeremy taking my hand in his nervously.

“It was awesome! We had a great time.” Kelly answered and added, “Well, I think we are leaving.  Have a good night all.”

She took Eric’s hand and left.  Jeremy and I were standing in front of Dad and Amanda a little awkward.

“Dad, I want you to meet my boyfriend, Jeremy.” Jeremy shakes hands with dad.

“Jeremy, this is my dad, Andrew, and my stepmom Amanda.”

“Nice to meet you both.” He said with his voice a little shaky.

“Boyfriend?” asked my Dad grinning again. 

I felt my cheeks go red.  “He just asked me a little earlier.  You have no problem with it, right?”

Dad laughed, “Of course not Princess.  If you are happy, I am happy.  And I know Jeremy is a good boy.”

“Thank you sir.” Jeremy said breathing again. I squeezed his hand reassuring him than everything was great. “Well, I have to leave.  See you on Monday at school.”

I walked him to the door.  My dad and Amanda disappeared into the kitchen. 

Jeremy kissed my cheek and said good bye.  I closed the door and stayed there thinking about how great the night was. 

But my happiness didn’t last too long.  Amanda came over me, with a hateful face. 

“You know you have to behave, right? When your dad isn’t home I don’t want anybody, and I mean ANYBODY here.  Not your stupid friend Kelly or that so called boyfriend.  And you’re not going out with him either. You understand?”

I felt a tear rolling down my face.  I was sad and angry.  Could she not let me be happy for at least my birthday? 

“Yes, I understand.” I reply to her looking at the floor.

“Now move.  I have to go get Marcus.”

And with that she left.  I quickly wiped my tears because my dad was walking towards me. He hugged me.

“Now Princess, I want you to go upstairs and get cleaned up. And when you’re done, I am going to make two cups of hot chocolate and wait for you in the kitchen to tell me how your party went.”

“Sure Dad.  I love you and thanks again for the party.”

“Anything for my Princess.  Now, go on.  I will be waiting for you.”