Chapter 7

In their hotel, John and George were relaxing on their beds and watching TV. "Looks like our plan didn't work, Pence still gets to be president. What are we gonna do now?!" John yelled.

"I dunno, have lunch?" George suggested. "I'm getting real hungry here."

"Ugh.. You pig.. Well I guess there's no harm in going to some American fast food place."

So they set off in search for food.. Which didn't take long because there happened to have been a Burger King right next door to the hotel they're staying in. "Well that was qui-"

George then ran right into the restaurant and came back out with two large stacks of greasy, fattening fast foods. "Let's eat!!"

"Umm... Alright.."

Back at the hotel John began to notice something odd about his younger friend. Although it was no surprise that George can be a glutton, but he knew when to stop and he normally had an insanely fast metabolism that allowed him to eat like a pig yet still stay thin. Here George had now gained a bit of a potbelly and was still craving for more food.

"Hey Georgie, slow down with the eating. You're getting plump." John said. "Also you ate my lunch too!"

"Sorry John, I'm just really hungry right now! I haven't felt this hungry since I chased the paparazzi around my house during a drug bust. Can you get me some more food? I'm ready for seconds!"

Groaning at that pig he calls a bandmate, John got up, changed into his ten year old self and went off. "Gluttony must have gotten to him.. He must be much stronger than Lust, considering he was able to manipulate George so quickly..."

Stepping in front of the Burger King, John then realized that he left his wallet at their hotel room, he was about go back to get it but was stopped short by someone he didn't expect to meet.

"J-Julian?.." He thought. "What's he doing here?"

"Hey there little guy. You lost?" Julian asked, unaware that the boy he's talking to was his own father.

"Umm... No mister, I'm just waiting for my parents here.. Do you have any money for food?"

Picking John up, Julian cradled him in his arms. "You must be starving, how about I cook you and your family something hot instead?. Y'know.. You look a lot like my dad.."

"I... I do?.." John asked. "Please don't recognize me.."

"I know you probably think this is crazy though.. Ah never mind. Here's twenty pounds." And with that Julian left. "He looks... So familiar to me... He even.. Sounds like someone I should know.. I must be going mad... Maybe I can look into one of my dad's photo albums when I get back.."

"That was a close one..." John thought as he bought the fast food. "I'd better be more careful from now on.. Who knows who else can be here.."

Back at the hotel George immediately pounced into John and gorged on all the food he bought. "Ugh.. You could have restrained yourself until I put your junk on the table!"

But George didn't pay attention to him and kept eating. "Sheesh George, you keep eating like this and I'll have to roll you everywhere!.. And of course he didn't listen to me.. Well, might as well go see what's on the news."

Sitting on his bed, John was shocked to see a news bulletin about Pence being interviewed about the sudden hunger pangs plaguing New York. "Never knew that guy was interested in the supernatural."

During the interview, the new president shared his thoughts on why this event was going on. "Well I think that this is all caused by people succumbing to the sun of gluttony! This is the only explanation there is for why everyone became starving overnight and the reason for all the demons that have been attacking the White House. As a Catholic doctrine, I know loads about the Seven Deadly Sins and how people can succumb to their influences."

"Really now?" John thought. "Hmm... I think this Pence guy might have some use after all. Hey George?.. George?"

"Buuuuurp! Were you saying something John?"

"Oh for gods sake."

Back at the now closed Burger King, a group of creatures were watching the now fattened up humans walk by, craving for more food. "Our plan is going very well. Soon all of America will be too large to move! And our mistress Gluttony will be queen of this entire continent!"

"Yes.. Mixing in spiritual energy with the food is the perfect way to make the mortals immobile. As it is stored as fat when the supernatural don't use it, and since it's useless for humans, they won't be able to do anything!"

"Now settle down boys. Lust's former underlings did warn us about two humans that were able to defeat him, so we're gonna have to get them out of the way as well."

"Aw now sweat! We just invite them here and stuff them up until they explode!"