The Threat

My mouth literally dropped. Matthew smirked at my reaction to him being here. Did he follow me here? How did he find me? I took a step away from him but he stepped forward. Maybe I could turn into a wolf and run away, could that work? No, I wasn’t exactly sure how to make myself turn on command. There had to be a way to escape from him. I couldn’t go back to Cadellan, not after that I did and what I am. I wonder if he knows I’m a werewolf.

            “What surprised to see me?” He smirked.

            “Leave me alone, Matthew!” I snarled, crossing my arms in disgust.

            Inside, I was feeling terrified but it was best if Matthew didn’t know this. Every part of my body trembled as he took a step forward. Just looking at him made me remember every push, slap, punch and kick, he has given me. I still remember the day he sliced me with a knife on my arm.

            My parents were away for the weekend, meeting with other Kingdom’s, talking about trade and other royalty things. The guards knew Matthew could come and go as much as he wanted, my parents instructed them. To them, Matthew was going to be my husband and new king so he needed to be familiar with me and the palace. There was no way I could tell my parents about how much I hated him.

            There was a knock on my bedroom door and I reluctantly walked over and opened the door. Matthew barged into my door, shutting the door quickly behind him. My heart began to race when he locked the door. He turned back to me with a smirk on his face.

            “Good morning, Beautiful.” He greeted.

            The truth was, Matthew did think I was beautiful but he didn’t love or care about me. I was just the queen and king’s daughter, who he planned on marrying. He didn’t care if he hurt me or anything as long as I hid the bruises and cuts he gave me.

            “Morning.” I muttered under my breath.

            “I don’t think that’s the right way to greet you boyfriend.” He said angered. Great I already managed to tick him off.

            “I’m sorry.” I said, not really meaning it.

            He slowly walked over to me, an expressionless look on his face. I wasn’t sure what he was going to do. I let out a small scream as his hand came in contact with my cheek. I stumbled backwards, falling onto the bed in the process. I looked up at him hovering over me, tears fighting their way out of my eyes.

            He climbed on top of me, holding me down as I struggled to push him off. He leaned in so that he was inches from my face and whispered, “I don’t like how you have been acting towards me lately, maybe we need to do something so that you will respect me more.”

            I wanted to attack him right then and there. How dare he accuse me of lacking respect towards him? He is the one who hurts me every time I see him. Then I wondered what he meant by doing something. I could already feel my blood boiling inside of me.

            “What do you mean?” I whispered.

            A smirk came across his face and then it hit me. I realized what position we were in and then I went into full panic mode.

            “What? No, Matthew. Please don’t!” I said rapidly, not able to get the words out quick enough. There was no way I was having sex with him, not now, not ever.