The Fight

Jace walked over to Dillon, ripping him off of me and throwing him onto the floor. Zack helped Jace as they started to throw punches at Dillon. Once Zack took control, Jace ran over to me, and wrapped his arms around me. I honestly didn’t care that I was only wearing underwear, because all I wanted was Jace to hold me. I held Jace close to me, taking in how much I missed him. God, I missed his smell so much and his beautiful, brown eyes.
            Seeing him, right in front of me didn’t seem real. I wanted to pinch myself to make sure I wasn’t dreaming. This all seemed so unreal. What were the odds of Zack and Jace showing up there at this exact time? I pressed my lips against his, cherishing this moment we had. I didn’t care if Zack and Dillon were fighting across the room; all I was focused on was Jace.

            “Are you okay? Did he hurt you?” Jace asked, scanning my body in a concerned way, checking to see if I was hurt. I shook my head no, which was a bit of a lie. He didn’t hurt me physically, but mentally he did.

            “Here, put this on.” Jace said, handing me the dress that was on the floor.

            I quickly slipped on the dress, starting to get a bit embarrassed now that the high of seeing Jace again was wearing down. I’ve never loved wearing a slutty dress so much in my life before. Jace made his way over to Zack and Dillon, still beating each other up.

            “Zack, get her out of here and to safety. Don’t leave her side.” Jace snarled as Zack ran over to me, grabbing my arm.

            “Don’t touch my wife.” Dillon yelled, blood dripping down his face.

            This set Jace off because he launched himself a Dillon, knocking him to the ground, throwing punch after punch. Dillon managed to get a few punches in, causing me to flinch whenever Jace got hit. Zack pulled me towards the door. I protested, not wanting to leave Jace, but since I had wolfsbane in me, Zack easily overpowered me.

            I would never forget the sound of breaking bones as the two powerful men punched and kicked each other. The last thing I saw was Jace getting knocked to the ground and Dillon delivering several kicks to the stomach. Tears streamed down my cheeks as Zack dragged me downstairs and down hallway after hallway towards the front door, surprisingly never getting lost.

            “Izzy, I need you to calm down. Jace will be fine now that you’re away from Dillon and are safe.” Zack comforted me, as we ran outside, my tears finally stopped.

            I gasped when we made it outside because down in the village, vampires and werewolves were battling. I knew that they were from Jace’s pack and that must have meant that the war with Austin was over with. I wondered what happened, but it wasn’t the right time to ask about it. I was thankful my people were smart enough to stay in their homes while all this went on.

            Zack led me away from the fighting and towards the edge of the woods, where we stood among the trees. I didn’t waist any time in wrapping my arms around him and holding him tight. He was like the bigger brother I never had. I started to sob again in his chest, wetting his shirt with my tears. The shock of getting married and watching my father murdered was just too much for one day.
            “What happened, Iz?” He asked, and I swore there were tears in his eyes.