Chapter 1

Hi guys, I've never written on here before but here goes nothing.

Any acknowledgements will make me want to keep writing :-)

Chapter 1

Aged 1 and a half.

The creaking of the landing floorboards outside my door pulled me into consciousness as excitement flowed through my veins. I quickly slipped out of bed and left my yellow, flowery bedroom which was overcrowded with boxes of my different toys. Standing outside my bedroom I noticed my older brothers bedroom door was slightly open across the hall. I peered in and noticed Daniel and Liam both fast asleep on the bunk beds. They never got up when I did. It was a daily routine for me.

As I approached the top of the stairs, I saw a small, familiar, brown haired male dressed in a bright, yellow, high-vis jacket at the bottom of the stairs, and then he quickly disappeared into the lounge without noticing me behind him, although he was probably expecting to see me any second. Nothing new there.

I heard the familiar sound of mummy and daddy's voices growing louder as I bum shuffled down the steps and got closer to them. Once I reached the bottom, I ran into the lounge and clung to my dad's leg, which made him chuckle gently to himself.

"Mummy, looks like someone woke up with us again." he smiled friendly, his deep blue eyes gazing into the same blue eyes of mine.

"Yes she did, and what are you doing awake again Josie? "

"Keep dad from going away" I managed to say jumping up and down excitedly, now holding my dad's hands in attempt to stop his movement, believing it would be successful.

"Daddy has to go to work princess, but I'll be home tonight, I promise."

"No! Daddy stay home with me today!" I insisted, frowning, now having a tantrum like the child I was.

The sound of a van pulling up outside filled my ears as I hesitated. My dad leaned over and kissed my mum goodbye. My dad quickly lifted me in the air and gave me a big cuddle and kiss. As he put me back down to ground level I clung to him for dear life. He managed to escape very easily and headed for the door, I ran in the same direction following him. My mum followed after us both.

As we reached the door, I stood next to my mum as we watched my dad walk down the drive way towards the large white van. As soon as my opportunity arrived, I made a run for it and bolted out of the door towards my dad, at the end of the drive way. My dad managed to open the door to the van without hearing me, however he soon spun around and saw me standing two feet away from him. He laughed aloud. "Daddy stay with me today!" I persisted. In one swift move he lifted me into his arms and spun me around.

"I wish I could princess, but daddy has to go to work."

By this point my mum had joined us at the Bottom of the drive way.

"Got yourself a cutie there, Peter!" A bald man commented from inside the van. He was covered in tattoos and wore a thin pair of glasses. He spoke with a slight Irish accent.

"Don't I just!" My dad replied.

"Come on, go with your mum now Josie!" My dad placed me into my mums arms, placed a small kiss on my hairless head and headed for the van.

I floundered around attempting to escape my mums arms, her touch wasn't as meaningful as my dad's was.

My mum effortlessly placed me back into the house and shut the front door. I immediately sprinted to the living room window where I saw the van drive down the road, turn around and drive past again in the right direction.