Chapter 6

Hi guys, let me know what you think!! Vote & comment, thank you.

Chapter 6

I'm pulled into consciousness by a sound in the distance. I open my eyes, and continue to hear the same sound repeating itself. As I awaken properly, I realise that my dad is playing a CD downstairs, with his favourite song "with or without you" by U2, filling my ears. I get out of bed, and head down the stairs to see him. I love waking up at my dads house, as although the music is playing, there is still a tranquil atmosphere here. I'm not scared here, and I feel safe.

I head into the living room, and see that my dad is standing in the middle of the room, singing into the TV remote control, as if it was a microphone. He turns around as he hears the creaking of the door. A large smile engrosses his face as he sees me.

"There she is, there's my little girl!" He walks over to me and takes me by the hands, and walks with me until we're in the centre of the room. Holding both my hands he begins to sway in attempt to get me to dance with him. I do so eagerly, as my dad continues to sing; "I can't live.. With or without you." We dance together for another minute, as the song draws to a close. As it does so, I clasp my dad close to me for a hug. He responds with strong enthusiasm.

"Now Josie, do you want something yummy for breakfast?" I nod passionately. "Yes please daddy."

"Well go and wake Daniel up, and I'll see what I can do." He responds.

I quickly pace up the stairs, I hope we can have sausages and eggs and toast. I pounce into my brothers room quickly. "Daniel wake up, daddy's going to cook us breakfast." I exclaim. My brother rouses and then wakens properly, giving a little yawn. "Okay Josie, I'll come down in a minute. " He says, rubbing his eyes.

I quickly grab my coloured pencils and paper from a draw in the bedroom. When me and Daniel come to visit, we have to stay in my dad's bedroom. His bedroom holds one double bed, and one single bed, which belongs to me. My dad and Daniel always share the double. I know dad wishes that there was more space when we come to visit, but my dad also lives with my nan and grandad, so there isn't much spare room for extra bedrooms. I don't mind though, I like that were all together.

I head downstairs with the pencils and paper and take a seat at the table. I do this every weekend. "Are you making another menu there Josie?" He asks me, although he already knows the answer. "yes daddy, you'll have to tell me what we have so I can write it inside the menu." I inform him. My dad nods , and walks into the kitchen and starts to call out things from the kitchen that we could consider having for breakfast. "Eggs, hash browns, beans, sausages, tomatoes, toast, bacon..." Daniel then appears in the doorway, and takes a seat on the sofa. "Good morning son, did you sleep well?" My dad asks as he re-enters the lounge. " Yeah, what are we having for breakfast? " He asks. "You'll have to wait and see what's available when Josie's finished the menu." He says jokingly.

"It's okay dad, I'll make it while you're cooking. I'll have beans, sausage, toast and eggs please."

"And I'll have the same dad." Daniel chimes in. " I think I'll join you with that one kids. Daniel put on TV whatever you want to watch, I've turned my CD off now."

My dad heads into the kitchen and begins to cook the breakfast. Daniel turns on his cartoons, and I continue drawing the menu. The front cover reads: 'Peters kitchen', and shows a drawing of a fry up that I've drawn with lots of tasty, fry up food covering the plate. As I put the finishing touches on the menu, my dad carries through two plates of hot food, and placed them on the table. " Daniel come and get your breakfast." My dad said, placing knives and forks on the table. My dad walked into the kitchen and returned a moment later with his own plate and sat down at the table. A minute later we was all sitting down eating our breakfasts. My dad noticed the menu on the table, "Wow josie, I love your menu, it's very colourful," my dad said smiling at me joyfully. "Thank you daddy." Daniel looked inside the menu.