Chapter4

Joelle POV
"You gonna give me some tonight?" I heard Jamal's voice.

I ignored his ass and finished putting fruits on the skewers. He came next to me and sighed.

"I'm sorry, okay?" He said.

"I don't even know why I'm sorry." He mumbled.

"Because you started a stupid argument, that's why." I smacked my teeth.

"I'm sorry I started an argument." He looked away.

"A stupid argument." I looked at him.

"A stupid argument." He repeated.

"Now say the whole thing looking at me." I folded my arms.

"I'm sorry I started a stupid argument." He mumbled.

"I can't hear you. Say it with some emotion Jamal. Say it like you actually care." I smirked.

He picked me up and placed my on the counter. He began to kiss my lips.

"I'm sorry I started a stupid argument. Is that enough for ya' stingy ass?" He looked at me.

I nodded my head as I placed my arm around his neck.

"Now you gon' give it to me?" He asked.

I removed his shirt he was wearing and raised a brow. He picked me up and brought me up to my room.
-
-
"Okay, I'm ready." I told Jamal.

He took my phone and took a picture of me.

"You not putting no makeup?" He handed the phone back

"You want me to?" I asked.

"Nah, you look beautiful the way you are." He smiled at me.

I grinned and walked over to Kali who was watching Tv. I picked her up and we went to the back garden where Ms Daniels was doing the barbecue.

"Hey mama." I gave her a hug.

"How are you?" She asked me.

"I'm good thanks." I smiled.

"My son hasn't been trying no slick shit, has he?" She mumbled.

"No ma, I haven't." Jamal smacked his teeth.

"Smack yo' teeth again and imma have your face on this." She became serious.

Jamal and his mother aren't has close as the used to be. The main reason is because of him going to jail and him refusing to be in Kali's like 5 years ago. She says that she didn't raise a son to become like that.

He walked away back inside and I put Kali down.

"Mama, didn't you think you was a little rough on him?" I folded my arms.

"He was rough on you 5 years ago." She returned.

"That was 5 years ago. We were young and I understood that he was focused on his education and his career. He probably wasn't thinking straight." I looked down at Kali.