Chapter5

Jamal POV
I got out of Joelle's bed and put my clothes back on. I walked over to Joelle who was fast asleep. I kissed her forehead before making my way downstairs. I called up Malachi so he could keep Kali for a little longer.

"What? It ain't safe to come over?" He asked.

"It is but I wanna do something for her. I messed up big time." I sighed.

"If anything happens to my lil' sis, I'm coming for you nigga." He said.

"Y'all kiss and makeup?".

"We did more than that bro." I laughed into the phone.

"Alright alright, you nasty." He laughed also.

After talking for a little longer, he hung up and I walked out of the house with Joelle's car keys to her Audi. I drove myself to the mall. I needed to get myself more clothes.
-
-
"Where we going?" She asked.

"Out for dinner." I looked at Joelle.

"I don't wanna go out." She whined.

"Hurry up and get yo' ass dressed." I took her hand.

"Fine fine." She got up.

She walked to her bathroom and locked the door. I wanted this night to be special for Joelle. I really wanna be there for my daughter so I'm not gonna try and mess nothing up.

Joelle POV
After straightening my hair, I went to the bathroom to check it out. I took my phone and took a picture of myself.

I grabbed my purse and walked downstairs to where Jamal was

"Jamal, I'm ready." I told him.

He walked to the stairs and he licked his lower lip. I laughed and walked towards him.

"Well, you looking hot tonight." He mumbled to me as he held my hand.

"Twirl for me bae, twirl." He told me.

I twirled and laughed. My face was getting a little hot. He be so silly sometimes.

"Where we going?" I asked.

"Olive Garden." He replied.

"Not really feeling that. Let's go to Applebee's." I shook my head.

"Okay, whatever you want." He shrugged.

"Your lucky I've got a kind heart. Otherwise I seriously would've dropped you because you ain't serious about this shit." I smacked my teeth.

He didn't say anything but focus on the road. Once we got to Applebee's, I got out of the car and walked to the entrance with Jamal following behind me. We got our seats taken and now we were looking at the menu to figure out what we were going to eat.